Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N*F*B: My election thoughts articulated...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N*F*B: My election thoughts articulated...

I wrote this on another board, after one of the members played the "Bush sucks and he is a moron" card... I figured it would be well received here. I tried to clean up the language a bit, sorry if I missed anything...

----

George W. Bush is far from the most articulate man on Earth. No one is going to debate that. The problem, is that many liberal organizations as well as publications around the country have done quite a number in making him out to be stupid, dumb, or ignorant. They've done a phenomenal job at it. At times, I laugh at some of the stuff he has said or done as well.

But to believe he is stupid is such a rush to judgment it is unbelievable. How many of you have never said something stupid? Ever crossed up your words? Ever said one thing, but meant something else? Of course you have. God forbid you be the most public figure in the world whose every waking hour is under scrutiny... you'd look like a Goddamn retard.

The problem I have with those in Kerry's corner isn't that they are liberal. Some people just hold different views, and I respect that. The problem is when a large portion of his supporters are there simply because they hold false and unfair judgments on him... like:

1) He lied about WMD in Iraq.

No he didn't. Did we as a country make a mistake by believing there was WMD? Yes, we did. John Kerry looked at the same intelligence reports W did, and also believed Iraq possessed WMD. Now Kerry wants to turn around and say he "would have approached it differently". Fine Kerry, you reason with a militant Islamic nation believed to have WMDs. I'll go bury myself 100 yards below the Earth's surface and hide there for the next 200 years.

2) Losing jobs is his fault.

No, it isn't. A market economy will ALWAYS go through cycles. It's up, it's down, it's left, it's right... who knows. We saw some of the most rapid technology growth we have ever seen under Clinton. The tech industry EXPLODED. When the fervor finally quelled a bit... what were we left with? A slump. It's called a correction. Any time the market acts violently or excessively in any direction, there will always be the calm after the storm where people come back to their senses. Don't forget that this economic downturn began during Clinton's last year in office. Then let's add on what happened on 9/11. Entire world markets were shocked. You don't just brush something like that off your shoulder.

3) He doesn't care about jobs or the middle class.

Horseshit. Everyone cares about jobs and the middle class. It's just that some people don't make promises they can't deliver on to improve quality of life just to win over a few un-educated election votes. The thought that John Kerry claims to "have a plan" to lower middle class taxes, strengthen the economy, provide more jobs, pay Americans more, provide healthcare, decrease outsourcing, improve the environment, and revive the manufacturing sector all at the same time makes me want to vomit into a glass, drink it, and then vomit again. Take one day... ONE DAMN DAY of economics 101, and you will know exactly how ludicrous that sounds. If you believe he can actually do all that, then you may as well cast your vote for Homer Simpson as the Sanitation Comissioner of Springfield... because after all... the Garbage Man can.

4) The deficit is the worst thing ever, and it is his fault.

Yes, we have a large deficit. And yes, it could become a problem in the long run. The one thing I love about the deficit argument, is that the same people making the deficit argument are the same ones that are ing about outsourcing. *NEWSFLASH* The deficit is one of very few things that is actually restraining outsourcing. How, you ask? The more in debt we go, the weaker our dollar becomes overseas. Take a trip to London and you'll see what I mean. The weaker our dollar becomes overseas, the more expensive imported goods become, and the the more domestic goods we buy. The same holds true for labor costs... while labor is cheaper overseas almost anywhere... it isn't as cheap as it could be if we had a strong, vibrant dollar.

George W. Bush is not perfect, and he does not have my full endorsement. I think he needs a lot of work in a lot of areas. His foreign relations are pretty damn sorry. It isn't good that the rest of the world holds a negative view of us. But I would rather have a man who is strong in his convictions than one who caters to pus*** French cheese-eaters. The war on Iraq may have turned out to be a mistake. While I can't fault his decision for going to war based on his intelligence... that poor intelligence was received under his watch (and Clinton's too)...

However... look at all that I stated above. John Kerry is the inferior candidate in the majority of the issues in this election. You are never going to agree with someone on every issue, so you better deal with it. I just encourage you to actually look at the issues. Don't make your decision based on the picture of W holding a book upside down... or the fact that he doesn't know how to define "sovereignty". And don't do it on blind hatred for the Iraq war either... there are many, many more issues to consider.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Nice post.

About the book being upside down....

The teacher that was in the classroom says it was not upside down. I dont know if maybe she just didnt notice or what? BUT at that particular moment Bush was taking visual cues from staff. You can see him gently nod as he reads a message one of his staff had on a clipboard for him off camera. His attention was not on the book in his hands.

Liberals take everything out of context or leave out half the facts. That is what bothers me most about them. spin spin spin!
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      Nice post.

About the book being upside down....

The teacher that was in the classroom says it was not upside down. I dont know if maybe she just didnt notice or what? BUT at that particular moment Bush was taking visual cues from staff. You can see him gently nod as he reads a message one of his staff had on a clipboard for him off camera. His attention was not on the book in his hands.

Liberals take everything out of context or leave out half the facts. That is what bothers me most about them. spin spin spin!
      Is this what you're talking about? http://www.snopes.com/photos/bushbook.asp
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

That's a pretty good analysis. Bill O'Reilly would be proud of you. I have a couple of thoughts to add to it.

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6

No he didn't. Did we as a country make a mistake by believing there was WMD? Yes, we did. John Kerry looked at the same intelligence reports W did, and also believed Iraq possessed WMD. Now Kerry wants to turn around and say he "would have approached it differently". Fine Kerry, you reason with a militant Islamic nation believed to have WMDs. I'll go bury myself 100 yards below the Earth's surface and hide there for the next 200 years.
        Personally I think they were there and since we have found about a dozen we know they were. No we did not find stockpiles of them. I believe they are either buried in the desert like the 25 fighter planes that took 4 months to find or they were shipped to Syria and there is a lot of circumstantial evidence that suggests that.

No, it isn't. A market economy will ALWAYS go through cycles. It's up, it's down, it's left, it's right... who knows. We saw some of the most rapid technology growth we have ever seen under Clinton. The tech industry EXPLODED. When the fervor finally quelled a bit... what were we left with? A slump. It's called a correction. Any time the market acts violently or excessively in any direction, there will always be the calm after the storm where people come back to their senses. Don't forget that this economic downturn began during Clinton's last year in office. Then let's add on what happened on 9/11. Entire world markets were shocked. You don't just brush something like that off your shoulder.
        9/11 was a major contributor to the recession. People were scared to fly and that almost shut down an industry not to mention everything that supports that industry like food service, machinist, airplane manufacturers, hotels, resteraunts, etc etc.

Horseshit. Everyone cares about jobs and the middle class. It's just that some people don't make promises they can't deliver on to improve quality of life just to win over a few un-educated election votes. The thought that John Kerry claims to "have a plan" to lower middle class taxes, strengthen the economy, provide more jobs, pay Americans more, provide healthcare, decrease outsourcing, improve the environment, and revive the manufacturing sector all at the same time makes me want to vomit into a glass, drink it, and then vomit again. Take one day... ONE DAMN DAY of economics 101, and you will know exactly how ludicrous that sounds. If you believe he can actually do all that, then you may as well cast your vote for Homer Simpson as the Sanitation Comissioner of Springfield... because after all... the Garbage Man can.
        Boy isn't that the truth. I was listening to Mike Medcalf or something like that yesterday when a guy called in about this topic. He said that he owned and engineering company. His business has grown to the point that he needs to hire 3 mechanical engineers but he is afraid to right now because if sKerry gets elected, he has already promised to raise taxes on people making over 200k a year which included him since he is a sub chapter s corp. He said he couldn't afford to hire them if he has to pay more taxes. So his question is how does this plan put people back to work as sKerry suggest he will do.
        George W. Bush is not perfect, and he does not have my full endorsement. I think he needs a lot of work in a lot of areas. His foreign relations are pretty damn sorry. It isn't good that the rest of the world holds a negative view of us. But I would rather have a man who is strong in his convictions than one who caters to pus*** French cheese-eaters. The war on Iraq may have turned out to be a mistake. While I can't fault his decision for going to war based on his intelligence... that poor intelligence was received under his watch (and Clinton's too)...
        I think Bush is absolutely correct on his foreign policy. The problem is we are dealing with countries that are not moral and do not do what they say they are going to do. France voted for the sanctions then went ahead and broke their own sanctions to the tune of over $200 billion dollars. They told Colin Powel that they would support the US to go to the UN to authorize military action then when the vote came up, they voted against it. I don't see how that is Bush's fault. Why is the US being blamed for that when it was France that broke their word. I don't get that.

There are dozens of links between Al Quada and Saddam. The left won't acknowledge them because it does not support what they want. Sticking your head in the sand won't make the evidence go away. I don't think the war in Iraq was a mistake at all. Do you remember back in the early 80's when South America was in such turmoil. The war lords were running around killing everyone and all of the countries were run by corrupt dictators. The US went in and cleaned out one country and set up a democracy. Now all of the surrounding countries but 1 are democracies and there are no more war lords and the people don't live in fear anymore. Sounds familiar doesn't it. What if Iraq becomes a working democracy. The insurgencies will eventually die off in favor of higher standard of livings. The surrounding countries see this and want to be the same way. They overthrow their government just like in South America. Bush will go down in the history books as a visionary and a genius for spreading peace, freedom, and democracy in the middle east. That's exactly what Reagan was hoping would happen in South America and it did. Time will tell. I have found liberals to be some what near sighted. They have a hard time looking into the distant future and what will be best in the long run.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

I wrote this on another board, after one of the members played the "Bush sucks and he is a moron" card... I figured it would be well received here. I tried to clean up the language a bit, sorry if I missed anything...

----

George W. Bush is far from the most articulate man on Earth. No one is going to debate that. The problem, is that many liberal organizations as well as publications around the country have done quite a number in making him out to be stupid, dumb, or ignorant. They've done a phenomenal job at it. At times, I laugh at some of the stuff he has said or done as well.

But to believe he is stupid is such a rush to judgment it is unbelievable. How many of you have never said something stupid? Ever crossed up your words? Ever said one thing, but meant something else? Of course you have. God forbid you be the most public figure in the world whose every waking hour is under scrutiny... you'd look like a Goddamn retard.

The problem I have with those in Kerry's corner isn't that they are liberal. Some people just hold different views, and I respect that. The problem is when a large portion of his supporters are there simply because they hold false and unfair judgments on him... like:

4) The deficit is the worst thing ever, and it is his fault.

Yes, we have a large deficit. And yes, it could become a problem in the long run. The one thing I love about the deficit argument, is that the same people making the deficit argument are the same ones that are ing about outsourcing. *NEWSFLASH* The deficit is one of very few things that is actually restraining outsourcing. How, you ask? The more in debt we go, the weaker our dollar becomes overseas. Take a trip to London and you'll see what I mean. The weaker our dollar becomes overseas, the more expensive imported goods become, and the the more domestic goods we buy. The same holds true for labor costs... while labor is cheaper overseas almost anywhere... it isn't as cheap as it could be if we had a strong, vibrant dollar.

However... look at all that I stated above. John Kerry is the inferior candidate in the majority of the issues in this election. You are never going to agree with someone on every issue, so you better deal with it. I just encourage you to actually look at the issues. Don't make your decision based on the picture of W holding a book upside down... or the fact that he doesn't know how to define "sovereignty". And don't do it on blind hatred for the Iraq war either... there are many, many more issues to consider.
          I bet if Bush were a yellow dog, you still wouldn't vote for Kerry.
          Sorry Bout the Type-O
          1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
          2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
            I bet if Bush were a yellow dog, you still would vote for Kerry
            huh?

Comment

The thing about everyone all of a sudden being against the war and "we shouldn't be in IRAQ were blah balh blah"
              I think many people have already forgotten September 11, 2001 when the entire country STOPPED dead in its tracks. Shook up our nation. You cant tell me that there wasn't a part of every american here thinking "someones gonna have to pay for this" or some kind of revenge cue in their heart.
              People forget, that we cleaned house in Afgahnistan, people forget we broke up the most intrigate webbed multibillion dollar world terror organization that has better Operation Security then our own Military sometimes. They planned follow up attacks. Have we been hit again? No.
              People forget about 9/11 then they go believe everything the press tells them. We talk about war and stuff based on intelligence reports. Intelligence = classified. TV=unclassified. You have too look at the news objectivly and understnad there may be reasons for deicison that we may not be allowed to know. Sadam and Al Quieda? when we went into iraq it was Sadam an WDM...or was it? I mean there really is no telling. For us white collar and blue collar people to critisize what the Elected President of the United States does for our own good with the information network that he has would be ludacrus. This man has been the president for 4 years. Do you remember how bad at your job you were when you started and how much you've grown over 4 years. Think of the continuity. I think re-electing any president is a good idea. Espcially one who has started somethign that he intends to finish up. Cutting of this war in the middle, as deep as we are, isn't a great idea. I know John Kerry wont cut it off but hes going to change directions. Its like you spending all this time and money planning your house and you start building it and decide you want to change the way it looks in the end all together.
              We need to elect a president based on facts, and the realization that he knows more than we do about whats going on. And we need to remember why were in the middle east cleaning house. 9/11 or have we forgotten or nat'l security blew pre 9/11 compared to today.
              and PS I hate how John Kerry brings up "americans dying in Iraq." I dont know if anyone knows this, but we who joined the military joined knowing we might give the ultimate sacrifice and I hold great honor for those who have given their lives to freedom. I'm not saying we need to send troops over to die by any means. What I am saying is yea ppl are dying in Iraq, but you know what american soldiers have been dying all around the world in support of various other campaigns. But if its not a hot spot you dont see it in the liberal media! People die becasue of car accidents, poor decisions, people die all the time tragically, war casualties isn't anything we should be shocked by. I've been over there for this war already and I was already faced with knowing that that could be me.
              Sorry I'm just fed up with the way people precieve things based on what they are fed by the media. Mindless i tell ya!
              -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
              98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
              98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
              94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
                I bet if Bush were a yellow dog, you still wouldn't vote for Kerry.
                Sorry Bout the Type-O

A yellow dog? What?

I made an educated, objective post as to who I am voting for. All of my reasons are perfectly legitimate.

Your turn.
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Here is another persons opinion on the election that I think is interesting. You might too.
                  http://www.townhall.com/columnists/m...20041022.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                    Here is another persons opinion on the election that I think is interesting. You might too.
                    http://www.townhall.com/columnists/m...20041022.shtml
                    the problem is that many ignorant people are ignorant of their ignorance.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

A friend of mine told me last night that she already voted for Kerry. I asked her why, and she said, "because I don't want to see war-hungry Bush bring the draft back. I don't want my brother to be called into service against his will."

I was speechless for a moment. After I told her Bush is anti-draft, she didn't know what to say.

Comment

Very Prolific. LOL

That's like everybody on the road thinks they are good drivers. My mom thinks she is a good driver. She just turned 80. Don't get me wrong because she may outlive me but she scares the crap out of me.

Comment

A friend of mine told me last night that she already voted for Kerry. I asked her why, and she said, "because I don't want to see war-hungry Bush bring the draft back. I don't want my brother to be called into service against his will."

I was speechless for a moment. After I told her Bush is anti-draft, she didn't know what to say.

She apparently doesn't know that Kerry plans to increase the military by 40,000 troops. This is a fact, and was even quoted by that Combs idiot, the liberal half of "Hannity & Combs" on Fox, last night, in reference to the draft. So even some liberals are wondering if Kerry is planning the Draft. He will just blame it on Bush, by saying that bush created such a mess, that it has to be done. Bush believes in more unmanned military equipment that saves lives. Bush also believes in increased Iraqi troops to eventually take over the security of their own country. There are 100,000 US trained, Iraqi troops helping us in Iraq, another 25,000 will be added by January, and they plan to have a total of 200,000 Iraqi troops by the end of next year. Bush will NOTreinstate the Draft, because there will be no reason to do so if he gets reelected. All of the things that Kerry has voted against in the Senate are the things that can PREVENT the draft.

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Originally posted by ONLNTM5
                            She apparently doesn't know that Kerry plans to increase the military by 40,000 troops. This is a fact, and was even quoted by that Combs idiot, the liberal half of "Hannity & Combs" on Fox, last night, in reference to the draft. So even some liberals are wondering if Kerry is planning the Draft. He will just blame it on Bush, by saying that bush created such a mess, that it has to be done. Bush believes in more unmanned military equipment that saves lives. Bush also believes in increased Iraqi troops to eventually take over the security of their own country. There are 100,000 US trained, Iraqi troops helping us in Iraq, another 25,000 will be added by January, and they plan to have a total of 200,000 Iraqi troops by the end of next year. Bush will NOTreinstate the Draft, because there will be no reason to do so if he gets reelected. All of the things that Kerry has voted against in the Senate are the things that can PREVENT the draft.
                            I know. Add to the fact that Republicans typically are opposed to a draft, but Democrats are usually willing to use it.

My jaw hit the floor when she said what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by ONLNTM5
                              ahhhh.....youve made the mistake of acually believing what Kerry says. Hes not going to increase our military. He says that because it sounds good. He says a lot of things that would make me want to vote for him (as noted above). If he could actually accomplish everything he says he going to, then he'd have my vote. The truth is that Kerry is panzy-ass, flower in his hair wearing, hippy. He has always voted to downsize the military. He has done nothing but lie since his days in 'Nam as a "war hero" (that makes me want to vomit into Jay's cup too).

The only thing I disagree with Jay on is that I beleive that history will look back on what Bush accomplished in Iraq and realize he did a WONDERFUL thing for those people and the rest of the world. Its messy now, but its the RIGHT thing to do, no matter how hard it is.
                              96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                              11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
                              X