T-Tops with a stroker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Tops with a stroker?

Ok i have heard from alot of people that having T-Tops on a vehicle with a high powered motor could do harmful damage to the body/fram with that openings up there? is there any truth to this and how would you guys recommend getting T's on a vehicle without them? I just loved my old Iroc with the T's.... Let me know
    "Keep your Wheels a spinnin and the beavers a grinnin!"

My G Ride:
    1985 Chevy Camaro
    383 Stroker
    Edelbrock Performer Carb, Edelbrock 6089 Aluminum Heads, Speedpro 4000 series Cam, KB pistons, Chromemoly Rings, Rollertip Rocker Arms, Holley Fuel Pump, Headers (w/ y-pipe), Torker II Manifold, Comp Magnum Roller Rockers, 4:11 Posi Rear, 700R4 Trans with reverse manual valve body w/ B&M Mega Shifter, & NOS
    My car @ Cardomain

Get SFC's and you'll be fine.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

B-E-A-Utiful! but how would you guys go about getting T's on a car without t's? ive heard people tell me if i know a good body guy just chop the top off a junk t-top camaro and put it on mine, then ive heard people say buy a new body altogether.... thanks
      "Keep your Wheels a spinnin and the beavers a grinnin!"

My G Ride:
      1985 Chevy Camaro
      383 Stroker
      Edelbrock Performer Carb, Edelbrock 6089 Aluminum Heads, Speedpro 4000 series Cam, KB pistons, Chromemoly Rings, Rollertip Rocker Arms, Holley Fuel Pump, Headers (w/ y-pipe), Torker II Manifold, Comp Magnum Roller Rockers, 4:11 Posi Rear, 700R4 Trans with reverse manual valve body w/ B&M Mega Shifter, & NOS
      My car @ Cardomain

Comment

3rd gen F-bodies used a different set of supports for T-top and conv cars. It probably can be done, but wouldn't be worth it. The 4th gen cars (coupes) are all built the same and can be converted to t-tops without many problems. I did the T-top conversion on my 1994 Formula a few years ago now and It's one if the best things I ever did....
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

If you're really concerned about flex from the body with T-tops, get SFCs (like previously mentioned) and a roll cage. If you get an 8-point roll cage, the body of the car will be plenty strong and you won't have any bars to hinder your open T-top feel (the rear seats will become useless, though).

It is definetely possible to go from a hardtop to a T-top car, but it's expensive from what I hear, in 3rd gens. I also think that it's not worth it, but that's just my .02 cents.
          1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
          Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
          Trans: TH700R4
          Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

If your REALLY worried about body flex, just remember that the fastest LS1 F-body on the planet is a Convertible. Its also got a Intercooler in the back seat and a full cage, and the intercooling pipes are the center console, and its not the stock front or rear subframe, but just remember.
            1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
            2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Working...
            X