60' times?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60' times?

What are guys running for 60 foots on street tires?

i've been reading some of yours sigs and your 1/4 times seem very quick.
    up here in canada, our times are way slower, my stock 98 ws6 runs a 14.2@100 with 2.4 60' and my exhuast only 95 auto runs a 14.7@96 .
    and that is the average for everybody here. I'm suspecting that our tracks are actually that bad for traction.

i hope so becuase its kind of emberassing when a stock lt1 can outrun my ws6
    98 Trans Am WS6, 6sp, lid, ls6 Intake, pacesetter LT's,TSP true duals, spec stage3, SFC's,hurst shifter

95 Trans Am, auto,dark green, straight piped!

my best in my current Z with 32psi, and no mods, were 2.15~2.18 it was a fairly chilly night, but had been a hot day. that was on regular old good years
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

you ran a 14.2 with a 2.5 60' stock? if you get that short time down youll be all good. my best 60 was a 2.2 on 18 inch f-1 supercars with 20psi and a 4.10 gear . i know i know it sucks but that was a 13.5@106mph run

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
      Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

oops didnt see that the 14.2 was on an LS-1. If you got the 60' down you would be right on target

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
        Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettT/A
          What are guys running for 60 foots on street tires?

i've been reading some of yours sigs and your 1/4 times seem very quick.
          up here in canada, our times are way slower, my stock 98 ws6 runs a 14.2@100 with 2.4 60' and my exhuast only 95 auto runs a 14.7@96 .
          and that is the average for everybody here. I'm suspecting that our tracks are actually that bad for traction.

i hope so becuase its kind of emberassing when a stock lt1 can outrun my ws6
          What's your elevation? If everyone seems to be running those times, either there's lotsa crappy drivers or you are higher up than most of us.

I'm cutting 2.1 60's on a good run. 2.4 isn't very good -- just practice practice practice!

Is your WS6 a M6 or A4?
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I ran 14.1 but I cant remember what speed in my 89 last year and Im at 3241 ft. No Idea what that is at sea level. I'm about as High as you get in canada before you are on a mountain.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Those times are all weak homie's. I ran a 11.4, and that was with a bad launch,... So u guys have nothing on me.. ha ha ha ha... oh wait. I ran the 8th.. ouch. n/m... ha ha ha j/k thought you guys would like that. Ya low 14's and nice. I helped my buddy fix his 93 z. The usual headers,y-pipe. cut-out. 52MM TB. And CAI. We got it down to a 13.5 on drag radials. 93's are just faster than 94-97s.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

ran a best of 13.65@102 with a 2.08 60' on defender ZR street tires
                1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
                1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

When I was bone stock, on bald GSCs, I was able to pull a few 2.1 60' times. The temp was ~50 degrees outside. However, when I got new tires, I couldn't pull anything better than 2.3 to 2.4...and about 70+ degrees. I found out that my converter was on its way out.
                  I'll bet your track is up in elevation, as others have said, because your trap speeds are quite low...which is a sign of lower horsepower, not bad traction (although your 60' times can be a bit better).
                  94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

2.116 is my best 60'. Netted me a 14.011 @ 99 MPH. Street tires around 28 psi.
                    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
                    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
                    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

An average 60' time on decent radials for a basically stock car should be between 2.0 and 2.1 A stickier tire like a Drag radial should produce between 1.9 and 2.0

I was able to get consistant 1.9xs on Firestone SZ50eps......but it took an adjustable torque arm, relocation brackets and control arms to get it it hook properly, but on average they were good for 2.1s with a bone stock suspension. A set of borrowed ET streets got me down as low as 1.76 still using a stock converter. Work on your 60' times for ET, free up the intake an exhaust for mph. Higher elevations will make ET and mph suffer, but 60's should be most dependant on track adhesion.

The best investment I ever made was g-tech pro. You can't use them a sole means of checking ET as there are some problems with accuracy in the end of a 1/4 mile run, but as a tool to learn how to launch the car for the best 0-60 time, they are invaluable. I shaved two tenths from my ET by just learning how to drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                        Those times are all weak homie's. I ran a 11.4, and that was with a bad launch,... So u guys have nothing on me.. ha ha ha ha...

Um, 11.4? My best friend saturn ran slightly better than that time. Whats your MPH?? As for the 93s are faster...ouch, I believe that was the worst year of the LT1. Drop another 2 seconds Con...then you can talk some sh!t.

By the way, the BEST I could do with street tires was 2.0 and that was probably about 4 times out of a million or something . Those were with Falkin F1 (??i think???) tires. I cant remeber what I usually ran, it was a long time ago it was practically stock. I want to say 2.2-2.7, always horrible till I blew the rear with drag radials and the 4.56 I had in it. Don't have the time for that because I didn't even get 60' With Hoosier QTPs...and of course the 9", spool, and 4.11s I get nothing over 1.7x .
                        1996 Z28 body, the rest...drag car

Comment

Working...
                        X