Blown F-Body?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown F-Body?

Has anybody put or heard of someone putting one of those huge roots blowers on an F-body (more specific an 80s iroc? lol) because i am interested in doing this, i just think it would be awesome to have one. I mean i know the cost is high (roughly 2700.00 for the assembly) but is it worth it as well.

Mike
    "Keep your Wheels a spinnin and the beavers a grinnin!"

My G Ride:
    1985 Chevy Camaro
    383 Stroker
    Edelbrock Performer Carb, Edelbrock 6089 Aluminum Heads, Speedpro 4000 series Cam, KB pistons, Chromemoly Rings, Rollertip Rocker Arms, Holley Fuel Pump, Headers (w/ y-pipe), Torker II Manifold, Comp Magnum Roller Rockers, 4:11 Posi Rear, 700R4 Trans with reverse manual valve body w/ B&M Mega Shifter, & NOS
    My car @ Cardomain

I'm sure there are at least a couple of people over at www.thirdgen.org with some Roots blowers on their 3rd gens. One guy comes to my mind, I think his name is Flrtin1, or something like that, I'll have to check. I've seen pictures of his car, and it looks similar to the red Camaro you posted in one of your other threads.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

I can think of like 10 Ive seen right off the bat. I once saw a Big-Block in the front of a 4th gen, the motor was so big the carb had to be mounted sidways and was half way in to the plastic cowl. The thing was nuts
      1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
      2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...s.asp?CatID=23

This should help a little bit.
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
          This is not a true roots style supercharger. It does not use a mirrored twin screw type of system it uses a 3 blade mated to a 5 blade. It is a better design but lower profile. They also pull air from the back not the top. Hard to intercool too.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
          6.2L/382.97 ci
          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
          WCT-5 speed
          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
          Boss MS 18" Rims
          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
          Custom Dual exhaust
          1LE upgrade
          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
          In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Oh, sorry, didn't realize he wanted one of those real big, mean looking ones.
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

nothing like a 671 with twin carbs sticking 8 feet over the hood tasty

Comment

Working...
              X