is it worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it worth it?

whats up guys ive got a 93 TA that i bought over the summer. the kid i bought it from had put in moroso CAI, 160*thermo, hypertech chip and a catback exhaust. For the spring im getting headers and new catback maybe borla or corsa. i read that 93s have intake manifold was set up for a 52mm TB but it comes stock with a 48mm. is it worth it to upgrade to a 52mm with an airfoil?
    99 Z28 M6, SS hood, borla muffler
    93 TA A4, sold

Won't do much for you until you need alot more airflow. If you have heads and a cam done you might need one. I wouldn't worry though about it untill you've done alot more work. There are better things to spend money on first, think suspension. You can improve your times a good deal by getting your existing power to the ground better.

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Ditto....

Look at Rear lower control arms, ES poly bushings, and/or sub-frame connectors.

It will improve the traction and let you cut the corners like crazy.

The larger TB is way overkill for your mods.

Randy
      99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
      93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

all the serious work will come later on down the line when the money is there but thanks for the info about that. i will definately look at some suspension work for the spring.
        99 Z28 M6, SS hood, borla muffler
        93 TA A4, sold

Comment

Originally posted by G Fry33
          all the serious work will come later on down the line when the money is there but thanks for the info about that. i will definately look at some suspension work for the spring.
          definitely go for the suspension upgrades......these cars are woefully lacking straight from the factory
          DWS
          Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Will putting on a bigger throttle body hurt in anyway? My friend has a Dakota R/T 5.9 with a K&N extreme airhait, flomaster catback, 180* thermostat, and soon to be jacobs ignition, and soon to be Mopar performance PCM(just for it to get to the house). Now his stock throttle body is 48mm and now he has a 52mm throttle body. (It was free from his brother who also has a Dakota R/T and didn't need it anymore.) Well we want to put it on of course but will it hurt his performance in anyway? I've heard that it can but i don't know how putting more air in will hurt it. Even if its a minor gain he wants to put it on, just not if its gonna hurt the performance. Thanks guys, Ryan.
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
            X