No announcement yet.

NFB 04 GTO vs 05 Mustang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen and heard two 2005 GT'S this week. they sold out in my city (el Paso Texas) in less than a week . both of the GT'S i saw sounded great and I'm pretty sure they were still stock. not as loud as my loudmouth growl tho.. the new body style is not all that great to me but wouldn't mind a early 90's fox body style.(super light with a moded 5.0 they fly) of course if i had to have a rustang.....
    Eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That's pathetic. If you guys wanna know something else funny, the new mudstain suspension is in the new Motortrend. I was looking at it my "library" when I noticed something...minus the ladder bar we have (torque arm), ITS THE FREAKIN' 4TH GEN SUSPENSION. Coil-overs in the front, LCAs and panhard rod in the rear, springs on the axle but a small center link atop the differential instead of our torque arm. Gee, it took Fraud 12 yrs. to catch on to a good idea. Good job people!! lol There's my rant for the day.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

why bother with 05 mustang f-body is better shape than new mustang. and maybe next year they will put hood scoop and side scoop JUST for look. and maybe more horse power. because ford still looking for the answer how to beat f-body on the street. thats y they keep upgraded their horse power.
        2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
        SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
        Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

can anyone give me a CLUE on how to open that video. this is killing me. i want to see the video...
          eddie
          1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickbird
            why bother with 05 mustang f-body is better shape than new mustang. and maybe next year they will put hood scoop and side scoop JUST for look. and maybe more horse power. because ford still looking for the answer how to beat f-body on the street. thats y they keep upgraded their horse power.
            Actually Ford has literally beaten the F-body to death. The F-bodies were getting outsold by the Mustang more than 2 to 1 COMBINED! If you're looking for a Mustang that can beat an F-body on the street, look no further than the 03+ Cobra.

I wouldn't go on one video to totally judge the performance of the car. I'll wait until I actually see them at the track in person.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickbird

Considering the Mustang is still being sold, I'd say they found the answer for how to beat us.
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
                can anyone give me a CLUE on how to open that video. this is killing me. i want to see the video...
                eddie
                If you're using a PC Eddie, try right-clicking and selecting "Save As..." then select where you want to save it. If you're using a Mac, make sure you have Windows Media player installed. If not, go to...

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherpr...d=windowsmedia

...and select between Classic and OS X. Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.

Originally posted by Supernova
                Actually Ford has literally beaten the F-body to death. The F-bodies were getting outsold by the Mustang more than 2 to 1 COMBINED! If you're looking for a Mustang that can beat an F-body on the street, look no further than the 03+ Cobra.

I wouldn't go on one video to totally judge the performance of the car. I'll wait until I actually see them at the track in person.
                Ok, I personally am sick and tired of people claiming that sales determine the better car. Yes, the Mustang outsold the F-body. That doesn't make the car better, that makes its advertising better. I don't consider having to pay $30k+ for a Slowbra to beat my F-body that I paid $5k a plus for Ford. Even brand new, Z's were going for roughly $23k. There's still a $7k difference that can be used to mod the Z to whomp the Slowbra. I don't know about you guys, but I don't consider myself beaten. It just makes my car that much more rare, and even more with every passing year.
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Yes, the Mustang did have higher sales than the F-body, but lets break down the numbers here. The highest gross sales of the Mustang were for the V6 models (A cheap, affordable new car, no arguments their.), and the biggest group of buyers were Female, who for the most part could care less about performance (No offense attended to females). I will agree that the Mustang is an American Icon, and I myself wouldn't mind having a Elanor clone, but, when it comes down to performance out of the Box, the Mustang is lacking. It has Bad aerodynamics and the 4.6 is a piece of crap (should have stuck witht he 5.0), the new one is supposed to be better, but I haven't seen the top end #s yet, but I know for a fact it still doesn't hold a candle to the 4th gen F-body. The new Mustang is a step in the right direction for Ford, but holly crap, they are just now catching up to the performance that F-bodys were producing in 1997 on the old LT1 engine. When it all comes down to it, you can be like everybody else and drive a Mustang, or make a more informed decision. My ranting is now done.

Current Project: 1986 Buick T-type, 71K miles
                  Previous Vehicles:
                  99' M6 Z28
                  98' M6 TA
                  97' Formula
                  96' RS Camaro
                  93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

Wow, I had time to go upstairs and get a snack.
                    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                      Ok, I personally am sick and tired of people claiming that sales determine the better car. Yes, the Mustang outsold the F-body. That doesn't make the car better, that makes its advertising better. I don't consider having to pay $30k+ for a Slowbra to beat my F-body that I paid $5k a plus for Ford. Even brand new, Z's were going for roughly $23k. There's still a $7k difference that can be used to mod the Z to whomp the Slowbra. I don't know about you guys, but I don't consider myself beaten. It just makes my car that much more rare, and even more with every passing year.
                      I never said the Mustang was the better car. I wouldn't blame it all on marketing either. Up until the 05 redesign, I had seen just as few Mustang commercials/advertisements as F-body commercials. The F-body just wasn't a practical car for everyone. Sure the enthusiasts loved it, but the general public did not, or they would have sold more. Not everyone loved the hatchback design with the goofy trunk area. Although you can fit a lot of stuff in there, the trunk on the Mustang is probably more practical for the average Joe.

Comparing a brand new car to your used Camaro is not exactly a fair comparison. What can you buy NEW from GM that compares to the Cobra? The GTO is the closest in price, but it gets trounced by the Cobra in performance. The Vette is a better comparison in performance, but it costs about $15,000 more. The cost comparison isn't really a good argument anyway, though, because someone could buy a used fox body Mustang for 5 grand and use 10 grand to mod it to blow the doors off a new (when still available) Z or T/A. The fact of the matter is that, for what ever reason, the F-body is dead and the Mustang is still available. And whether people on this board want to admit it or not, Ford has been producing some pretty darn good Mustangs as of late (Mach1, Cobra). "Better" in the automotive world is a relative term. It's all in what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by jspeed97
                        ...It has Bad aerodynamics and the 4.6 is a piece of crap (should have stuck witht he 5.0), the new one is supposed to be better, but I haven't seen the top end #s yet, but I know for a fact it still doesn't hold a candle to the 4th gen F-body. The new Mustang is a step in the right direction for Ford, but holly crap, they are just now catching up to the performance that F-bodys were producing in 1997 on the old LT1 engine. When it all comes down to it, you can be like everybody else and drive a Mustang, or make a more informed decision. My ranting is now done.
                        The 4.6 that's been in the past couple Mustangs (new GT, Mach1, Cobra) is MILES ahead of the old 5.0. Granted it would be better if they would up the displacement of the 4.6, but the power that they're getting out of it is still miles beyond what they were getting out of the 5.0. Yes, it took Ford a decade or so to catch-up, but now that they have, it really doesn't matter since I can't go buy a new F-body. Not everyone wants to go buy a 10 year old car and put up with the hassles that often come along with it. If you're looking for a new muscle car right now, your choices are really limited. Either you buy a GTO (which I think is ugly as sin), or you buy a Mustang (if you want power--04 Cobra, new style, 05 GT). We need more competition.

Comment

Supernova,
                          Granted, you can't buy an F-body new anymore and yes, our choices are limited when it comes down to it. But all I was saying, and I am talking strictly from the numbers, if you take a 02 F-body (LS1, new or used) and compare it to either the 04 or new 05 GT, the F-body will win in every performance category. I have seen the early performance reports on the 05 GT, and they are right on as far as the 14.0 1/4 from the video. Wait a second, I just rememberted their is a little turbo 4-banger that Dodge is putting out that is running 14.0 in the 1/4 also, and its $5K less than the Mustang new. I was going to go into a big rant about how if you buy a new GT you can't mod, because you would void your warranty, and if someone really wanted performance and the abilty to mod it, they should just go buy a 00' - 02' F-body. OH well, forget about all that, their is a "NEON" that can perform as well as a brand new V8 GT mustang, and they are both selling right now, and I can buy the Neon for $5K less, and mod it from the factory to keep my warranty intact. This will now conclude the argument.

Note: I do realize you can buy a Cobra and basically walk all over any stock f-body, I am simply talking from a Naturally Aspirated point of view. Can you imagine what an LS1 is capable of with a SuperCharger!

Previous Vehicles:
                          99' M6 Z28
                          98' M6 TA
                          97' Formula
                          96' RS Camaro
                          93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

loudLT http://www.ot2.cupofnoodles.com/tris...vs_05stang.wmv

try that one bro might work.
                            2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                            SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
                            Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
                            http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Originally posted by jspeed97
                              Note: I do realize you can buy a Cobra and basically walk all over any stock f-body, I am simply talking from a Naturally Aspirated point of view. Can you imagine what an LS1 is capable of with a SuperCharger!

D'OH! I don't want to get into this again...
                              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

D'OH! I don't want to get into this again...
                                Jay,
                                Maybe I should have been more precise. Only Supercharged Cobras can beat bone stock F-bodys, and if you put a supercharger on a LS1, well, we all know the outcome of that one.

Previous Vehicles:
                                99' M6 Z28
                                98' M6 TA
                                97' Formula
                                96' RS Camaro
                                93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

Working...
                                X