LS1 Clutch Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 Clutch Question

My brother has a 99Z28. When you disengage the clutch it only takes till about 1 to 2 inches off the floor to catch and the rest of the way is just dead. We've tried bleeding it and that hasn't done a thing. Its been like this for over a year now and works fine its just annoying. It doesn't seem like the slave or master cylinder since its stayed exactly the same and worked fine he just wants it to release like a normal clutch. I know you can't adjust a hydraulic clutch but is there any other thing you can do to have it catch farther out?
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Throw out bearing? Cluch wear? Pressure Plate? The only manual I have ever work around was a M21 so?
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

You can adjust the clutch pedal. and it could be the slave cylinder, same thing happened to my conquest, turned out to be the slave.

Does he get bubbles everytime he bleeds it? If he does, air is getting in somehow. Something is leaking.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

No thats the whole thing thats weird. We've bled it twice over the past year and he's put around 12,000 miles on it. Its never gotten air in it, and it doesn't change it always stays at the same point.
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Also it only has 33,000 on the car I don't think the clutch or a whole lot else is worn the car was owned by an older man and now him and has been babied its entire life.

Comment

Working...
          X