NFB: Bush poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Bush poll

I know many are politically active on this board, and many favor Bush. However, I am curious to know where everyone stands in terms of all of his issues with a generic "agreement" poll. It's obvious nobody can please everybody, so I just thought I'd post this.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

I chose 50/50 in quantity only. The importance of the ones I agree with FAR outweigh the disagreements (probably 80%+ support on urgent issues). Not supporting Bush on an issue doesn't automatically mean I take the Dem position either.

While I don't like his communication skills as a leader, I do think it reflects more of his regular guy status.

I heard a guy call on the radio today and said he was a long time Rep who had decided to vote for Kerry.
    Since Kerry will:
    - Give us all free health care.
    - Get OBL, and win the peace in Iraq.
    - Reverse the deficit.
    - Make C. Reeves walk again. (R.I.P.)
    - Get France and Germany (and UN) to be our friends. Everbody hold hands.
    - Reduce the oil/gas prices.
    - Fix the flu vaccine problem.
    - Get jobs for everybody.
    - Stop outsourcing.
    - Prevent natural disasters (OK that one is mine, but should be NP if you can do the rest)
    - Raise our wages
    - He will never make bad decisions.
    - Cheaper and safer prescriptions
    - Prevent terrorism (because he'll catch OLB and he is the only threat)
    - Give us more liberties AND catch more terrorists
    - Liberate us from Mid-east oil and protect the environment (no Alaska/ offshore/etc drilling)
    - He'll save SSI while GW will cut benfits 50%

Maybe we should be doubting ourselves too! This team of lawyers can do it all. Seems like the John's are trying to tell us that the glove doesn't fit.

What Mr. Kerry hasn't managed to do in 20 years in the Senate he is going to do in the next four as Pres.

Give me a (can't say the word here) break.

Sean
    1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Not too much I dont agree with. GW all the way!
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I voted 50/50 but am more like 60/40 for bush.
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

I would much rather have leaders who believed in Jeffersonian principles. Unfortunately, in this day in age, we are battling a government that has no limits, where every special interest pushes for their particular cause or piece of the pie, the power of the constitution can no longer tell these people "NO", it is all relative, we are stuck. Bush is by far the best choice if you believe the president's job is national security and to carry out the laws of the land, congress makes policy and crafts the laws, and we the people don't expect something for nothing at the expense of those who earned it. Kerry is full of promises, offering bribes to people for votes (appealing to their senses and emotions.) The things he offers are not his to give, and the U.S. constitution no longer has the teeth to say "NO". Kerry is backed by those who would take away private ownership of firearms (yes, lets give Dianne Feinstein cause to go on a rampage again), who challenge private property rights (takings), who challenge the ownership and modification of automobiles, who believe in a government without limits, who support environmental extremism not conservation, who are blocking resource extraction in Alaska ((I don't see Kerry talking about ANWAR (the Clinton legacy of roadless forest access and closed resource extraction sites) or those who are blocking opening the Petroleum Reserve in Alaska when he is accusing Bush of higher gas prices)), who support handing over our sovereignty over to the UN (yes, lets give access of our resources to those who would redistribute them throughout the world - they don't have our best interest at heart and anyone who thinks so is a fool - we know who are allies are...the ones who supported us with the war on terror), who support a litigious society (the trial lawyers), who believe in every tax and government program possible to create generations of dependent people, etc. etc. etc. If you don't believe that this happening, then take the time to study the incremental approach of this agenda over the last 70 years...study the facts not he hype...it is happening...most just don't see it. I certainly don't agree with Bush (or the Republicans) on many issues, but it is far better then the alternative. Although, it is only a delay of the inevitable. For those that believe in the agendas outlined above, we should just change our name from the United States of America to the United Nannies of America.

The last decent democrat was JFK, one of my favorite presidents of the 20th century,...his successors were nothing more then taxacrats who could care less about people's way of life and what is import to communities of interest.
          '77 K5 rock-crawler project
          '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
          '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
          '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
          '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
          My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If bush is so strong on national security and supporting our troops how come I see people being laid off with 30 years experience. Military housing dissappearing and being sold off to private companies. Dod employee benifits being eroded. Bases deliberately reconfigured by bush so that they are likely to be closed come next BRAC session, not to mention funding for the moral of the troops on base has but dried up completely. Budgets are so thin, I do not see how our bases can even run. I see this going on every day when I go to work, so I know bush is two-faced.. selling out our troops and Dod personell at home in favor of contractors who are overpriced and give crap products, which are owned by Bush's cronies. (factcheck.org can verify who his cronies are...Ithink) I am republican... but so far, all I have seen is bush saying to the public, he is doing everything for our troops ... no he is not, as the troops not overseas, are living a more bleak existence thanks to Bush.

I do not see Kerry doing any better... in matter of fact it has been nothing but democrats that have limited social security policy of the years, ex taxing social security as income after the person paid taxes on that portion of their income already during their careers... all by democrats .. Kerry has a horrible senate record, democrat or republican, no one can deny this... and you do not see him talking about it. Question, why would a billionaire spend millions to get a Job that pays only ~450K per year ???

The democrats could have done better to find a better candidate for america. I really wish that they did. and there are several people that could of been better republicans.

In short I do not want neither candidate (I am thinking of last nights south park episode here)

I will probably end up voting for Kerry, despite his anit-war anti military record. as I have seen, with my own eyes, the results of Bush's policy towards our troops at home and I am a republican. I do not like Kerry one bit, but at least it is a change and he won't veto my raise like bush has every single year he's been in office ...
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
              If bush is so strong on national security and supporting our troops how come I see people being laid off with 30 years experience. Military housing dissappearing and being sold off to private companies. Dod employee benifits being eroded. Bases deliberately reconfigured by bush so that they are likely to be closed come next BRAC session, not to mention funding for the moral of the troops on base has but dried up completely. Budgets are so thin, I do not see how our bases can even run. I see this going on every day when I go to work, so I know bush is two-faced.. selling out our troops and Dod personell at home in favor of contractors who are overpriced and give crap products, which are owned by Bush's cronies. (factcheck.org can verify who his cronies are...Ithink) I am republican... but so far, all I have seen is bush saying to the public, he is doing everything for our troops ... no he is not, as the troops not overseas, are living a more bleak existence thanks to Bush.

I do not see Kerry doing any better... in matter of fact it has been nothing but democrats that have limited social security policy of the years, ex taxing social security as income after the person paid taxes on that portion of their income already during their careers... all by democrats .. Kerry has a horrible senate record, democrat or republican, no one can deny this... and you do not see him talking about it. Question, why would a billionaire spend millions to get a Job that pays only ~450K per year ???

The democrats could have done better to find a better candidate for america. I really wish that they did. and there are several people that could of been better republicans.

In short I do not want neither candidate (I am thinking of last nights south park episode here)

I will probably end up voting for Kerry, despite his anit-war anti military record. as I have seen, with my own eyes, the results of Bush's policy towards our troops at home and I am a republican. I do not like Kerry one bit, but at least it is a change and he won't veto my raise like bush has every single year he's been in office ...

Are you aware of the budget problems facing both the federal and state governments over the past few years? Holy smokes...budgeting is an extremely difficult task...I wished more people understood the process. Working for the State of Colorado, I didn't have a raise for three straight years with increased health premiums and day-care costs. However, I didn't complain because I knew why it was the way it was...I was just thankful to have a job. Bush is only part of the budgeting formula...a small part...the power of the purse rests with Congress. In addition, the federal government has the task of funding the war on terror, funding the relief for natural disasters, reduced revenue from the recession that started before Bush took office, all while funding every pet project and welfare program known to man. Every person has a fixed income and budget...I think we all know that you have to sacrifice some things in order to fund others...that is if money is managed. It stands to reason that the military effort is redirecting toward different priorities which means that changes must be made. Whether we like it or not, we must accept change as the world changes...it is part of life.

Oh, if you think Kerry will be kind to the military...look at the records of Carter and Clinton, and their attitude toward the military.
              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Here are the latest poll results from Fox News.

Today Bush has a five-point lead, receiving 48 percent to Kerry's 43 percent among likely voters. When independent candidate Ralph Nader (search) is included he receives 2 percent, Bush 49 percent and Kerry 42 percent. Two weeks ago Bush had a two-point lead over Kerry in the three-way race, and a three-point lead in the head-to-head matchup.

GO BUSH GO!!
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Thanks for the votes and input guys. I was just wondering the overall satisfaction on this board. Even though there have been so many issues the past few years, I was curious to know (and I'll bet others too) - outside of a specific issue - how everyone felt GW's first term was.
                  94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                    Thanks for the votes and input guys. I was just wondering the overall satisfaction on this board. Even though there have been so many issues the past few years, I was curious to know (and I'll bet others too) - outside of a specific issue - how everyone felt GW's first term was.

How do I feel GW's first (and hopefully not his last) term was?
                    Where do I begin!
                    I'll put it this way: If anybody thinks that the past 4 years were bad, well if Kerry wins, the next 4 years, are going to make the last 4 years feel like a vacation. People in this country that hate Bush, and are voting for Kerry for that reason, or they don't like either candidate, but are voting for Kerry anyway, well why don't you just not vote at all? There is no sense in casting a vote just because of hate or indecision.

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Working...
                    X