tailight blinker problem??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tailight blinker problem??

OK. today i tried turning my left side turn signal (amber) and it i noticed that on my dash the arrow didn't blink it stayed on. plus the rear amber light didn't even turn on and off if i manually turn the turn signal on and off. so i replaced the turn signal bulb (98 taillights) and the amber turn signal light will not even turn on at all. i noticed some fair amount of corrosion on the inside of the light socket and bulb i took off. i replaced the bulb and got some grease and cleaned the socket really good with a wire brush and still nothing. i even replaced the flasher and nothing. i also looked at the front turn signal lights and both light bulbs look OK. what am i missing??? could the socket be bad???can i replace it???
    thanks,
    Eddie 95 Z28 with 98 up taillights
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Do the front ones work? If not, that is the culprit. Yes, you can replace the socket, you can get one at your local GM dealer.

Comment

I'm sorry I asked about the front, you did say that they worked.

Comment

the thing that is bothering me is that the amber light bulb will not turn on at all. not even manually turning....the fronts look good like i said. any other ideas..
        thanks,
        eddie
        1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

did you try testing the wires??? test the pos. wire with the ground on the car, not the ground wire for the light. My ground's got messed up on mine, and the guy that had it before me grounded it the body and now they works.

It's just something to check off.
          Richard Harvey Jr.
          '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

I've had a ton of problems with the grounds going into the socket that holds the bulb. I'd definetly just test them and the wires thats probably your problem if all the bulbs are fine.
            1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Replaced all the bulbs first. Turns out the tail light sockets were the culprit on my sons '94. All driver side lights would light, but not blink. In addition when he put the brakes on, the drivers side rear lights would go off (the head lights were on). Again, two sockets and $84 later, problem solved.

Comment

Working...
              X