Hope this was not someone on the board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope this was not someone on the board

Saw this on the news last night. 20-year old guy got into an altercation in his red 4th gen Z28 with a Marshall after a minor traffic accident. Tried to run the Marshall over and was shot and killed.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/3871706/detail.html

thats f***ed up

Comment

that guy did what he had to do. if he was trying to hit him with the car
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

sadly that was very stupid, cops have a right to shoot you if u ever threaten his life.. and trying to run them over sure does count as trying to threaten their life

Comment

Originally posted by xero
          sadly that was very stupid, cops have a right to shoot you if u ever threaten his life.. and trying to run them over sure does count as trying to threaten their life
          So do you. A car can be used as lethal weapon.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

One of my friend in High School ran some one over. He had gotten into with this guy who eventually pull baseball bat out and smashing a head light. It really wasnt worth it because the guy he hit dented his hood and smashed the windshield as he was hit and rolled over the top of his s-10. The guy then got op and ran.
            1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
            2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
              One of my friend in High School ran some one over. He had gotten into with this guy who eventually pull baseball bat out and smashing a head light. It really wasnt worth it because the guy he hit dented his hood and smashed the windshield as he was hit and rolled over the top of his s-10. The guy then got op and ran.
              LOL, that is awsome, too bad he cause him some damage.
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                So do you. A car can be used as lethal weapon.
                .. good point

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                  LOL, that is awsome, too bad he cause him some damage.
                  Yeah also to bad that the kid in the passenger seat of the s-10 got shot and killed 2-weeks ago. I think these events were connected.
                  1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.

Comment

Damn dude that is messed up. The cops know about the first event?
                    2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

no way, this was at a party in the middle of the woods when a fight broke out. ever one dipped befor the police came. and I was just joking about the connection thing, OB got shoot because he was being dumb and trying to steal a TV. just thought Id through that at you Ryan

Comment

O, Ok. I was like DANG!! Some mafia stuff.
                        2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Here's the article from The Washington Post. Sounds like the marshal should not have used deadly force. The rear window was shot out on the Z28, and it crashed head-first into the building. Sounds like the kid was just trying to get away from the marshal to me.

U.S. Deputy Kills Driver In Dispute, Police Say

By Allan Lengel and Nicole Fuller
                          Washington Post Staff Writers
                          Friday, October 29, 2004; Page B01

A traffic dispute between two motorists on Rockville Pike turned deadly last night when one driver, an off-duty deputy U.S. marshal, fatally shot the other in the parking lot of a busy shopping center, police said.

The federal law enforcement officer, who was driving with his family in a sport-utility vehicle, exchanged words about 8:30 p.m. with a young man driving alone in a red Chevrolet Camaro with New Jersey tags, said Capt. John Fitzgerald, a Montgomery County police spokesman.

The two drivers pulled into the Mid-Pike Plaza, where they got into a fistfight, Fitzgerald said.

"Preliminary information is that the deputy marshal tried to defuse and disengage, to calm it down and settle it, and wanted to get the local police involved," Fitzgerald said.

He said the young man got back into his car and drove toward or near the off-duty officer, who then opened fire, shooting multiple times. Officers found nine shell casings at the scene. The young man was taken to Suburban Hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

Fitzgerald could not confirm reports that the dispute stemmed from a fender bender.

A witness at the scene offered a different account of the incident at the Rockville shopping center where some had gone shopping for Halloween.

Eugenia Hull of Silver Spring said she and her sons, ages 12 and 15, were walking through the parking lot of the center, in the 11800 block of Rockville Pike, when they came upon the men having a dispute.

She said that the off-duty deputy stood in front of the Camaro with his gun drawn and that he ordered the young man out of the car.

She said the deputy marshal shouted, "Get out of the car, or I'm going to shoot you again." He also said, "that's all the ID you're going to see," she added.

The deputy then threatened to shoot if the young man moved his car, Hull said.

"Then I watched the Camaro move around" the deputy, she said, and "I heard pop, pop, pop." She said the car jumped the sidewalk and crashed into the building.

"I feel it's so wrong for him to shoot this kid," she said. "I can't believe he shot him. I heard people say they had an altercation. How does that give him the right to shoot him?"

Fitzgerald said the incident is under investigation.

Attempts to get comment from the U.S. Marshals Service were unsuccessful. The deputy was treated at a hospital for minor injuries, officials said.

The names of the officer and the other driver were not immediately released.

Comment

Sounds like the cop was overly agessive to me. You dont need to shoot someone when they drive around you. I think it was wrong. But it is one cops story against a dead guys story and he aint talkin...

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                            6.2L/382.97 ci
                            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                            WCT-5 speed
                            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                            Boss MS 18" Rims
                            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                            Custom Dual exhaust
                            1LE upgrade
                            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

If it happened the way the witness says it did (witnesses are notoriously inaccurate), then the Marshal has some explaining to do. My guess is the cops will buy off on the Marshal's story that the kid was gunning for him or his family, which would justify the shooting.

If the deputy had the guy at gunpoint, and the car moved in any direction other than at the deputy or his family, he has no right no fire.
                              Dave M
                              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
                              X