Unbelivable Hawk!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelivable Hawk!

this is my storry of an awsome race that i had the privilage to witness and i just thought i would fill you guys in and let u know what went down.

Well It was Friday around 3:30pm and im on my way home from work and im at a light to turn blasting metallica (of course) when a brand spankin new 2004 Mustang Cobra pulls up next 2 me and then i notice that the music isnt as loud anymore and i hear the exhaust and that thing was loud, and then i notice the supercharger wine.... i was like wow sounds "quick"....when out of the corner of my eye i see a black pointed hood with FireHawk on it pulls up behind the mustang and i was like Dam right i hope something happens and then BAM!! next thing i hear is the sickest rev ever, it must have been like 6000rpm i look back smiling and i notice the guy in the hawk cracking up then the guy in the stang turns around and look 2 see who dares rev at him, and he must have laughed seeing it was an Lt-1 Hawk reving and him.....so thinking hes Mr. bada$$ boosting like 8lbs, he decides it's the kool thing to do and revs back....... and let me tell u.... im no ford lover but that pony sounded sick and it didnt have that whole nice sounding mustang sound all of them have. so by this time i knew something was going to happen and finally the light turns green and we all turn on to this 3lane road which was perfect, im all the way on the right lane in my expendition (this type of thing never happens when im in my car) then the stang gets the left lane and the hawk gets in the middle.... so im going the same speed as they r which was about 25mph holding back traffic cuz they were gonna do it for sure, i hear them say on the 3rd honk so im all excited getting ready to witness some crazy a$$ race and the stang honks it 1-2-3 and BAM!! a cop pulls up and stops them........j/k lol, all i see is tire smoke from both cars, the hawk is side ways right next 2 the stang and the stang is shooting smoke from his tires my jaw dropped (just like that) and then the hawk hits 2nd straightens out a lil but still spinning and the stang hits 2nd right after also still spinning and im floored trying 2 keep up but their like 4 cars ahead of me and then the hawk hooks and the stang spun a lil but more and they both go into 3rd gear almost at the same time and then i see the hawk pull on the stang and then he shifts again and he pulls some more and by this time the hawk was like 2 1/2 cars infront of the mustang and they were pulling away soo fast couldnt really see anymore but the hawk looked smaller than the stang it ended like that no doubt the hawk won man i couldnt belive what i just saw. then like a mile down the road the stang was at the light the hawk nowhere in sight and he looked at me bumed out,i felt bad that his supercharged stang got smoked by what appeared to be an all motor FireHawk and i give him a "rock on" sign and then made a right and headed home.

i really dont think it sprayed either cuz i didnt really see alot more black smoke come out the exhaust and it wasnt runnign too rich either but that thing pulled like a beast (maybe he was running a carb hahaha ) but yea sick stuff awsome race bunch of 4thgen f-body's by where i live but i moved here recently and dont know anyof them so if u live by me and r reading this talk 2 me i need sum1 to talk to about cars over here!! lol well later guys tell me sum of your racing stories, i want to hear them i got another one about a 69 camaro but this story is already too long and dont think you want to read more .
    1967 Camaro "Project"
    1972 Chevelle "454"
    1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

street racing with other vehicles around you............

in LA... they might never see those cars again if caught.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

We can only hope!!!!

Streetracing is STUPID !!!
      94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

that wasnt street racing, it was a stop light encounter. only ricers street race. Dont get upset though bro, everytime im driving my girlfriends truck, thats when fast car seem to want to pull next to me at lights. Go figure huh

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
        Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

What year Firehawk, are you sure it was an LT1 equipped bird? I must say that I do agree that Sreet racing isn't smart at all, but while on the highway only once did I encounter another vehicle which wanted to race....usually I'm stuck in my '86 VW Golf when a Cobra comes to play

Comment

94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

I'm always in my s-10 at almost every light it seems theres a stang or a bird, or a vette next to me. I think its for a good reason everytime there is a potential race, i'm never in the camaro... wierd huh??
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
              Traded in: 1998 Z28
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

You never know what the other guy or gal has under the hood....never....makes it kind fun... love fast LT1'S....
                eddie
                1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

i agree street racing is stupid but hey man.... you gotta let them ford boys know what Gm is all about sometimes lol, but since the light was red their were no cars infront of us for about 1/2 a mile so it wasnt like rush hour traffic or anything not too dangerous. well all i know is that it was an Lt1 body style firehawk who knows what lays beneath , didnt some of those come with factory Lt-4's from slp or somthing like that?.
                  1967 Camaro "Project"
                  1972 Chevelle "454"
                  1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Originally posted by RocKin1967
                    i agree street racing is stupid but hey man.... you gotta let them ford boys know what Gm is all about sometimes lol, but since the light was red their were no cars infront of us for about 1/2 a mile so it wasnt like rush hour traffic or anything not too dangerous. well all i know is that it was an Lt1 body style firehawk who knows what lays beneath , didnt some of those come with factory Lt-4's from slp or somthing like that?.
                    29 firehawks came with an LT4. im not so sure an LT4 hawk, stock, could take a the blown cobra. ive driven one (hawk)

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Have to agree with Ken, my LT4 put down 301 to the rear wheels stock & now has 360rwhp but, with that being said I couldn't hang with an '04 Cobra even with what I have. Less than $1500 puts them at around +425 rwhp, right? Not saying the Hawk you saw didn't beat the Cobra in question, just that the Firehawk probably sprayed that's all

Comment

Originally posted by RocKin1967
                        this is my storry of an awsome race that i had the privilage to witness and i just thought i would fill you guys in and let u know what went down.

Well It was Friday around 3:30pm and im on my way home from work and im at a light to turn blasting metallica (of course) when a brand spankin new 2004 Mustang Cobra pulls up next 2 me and then i notice that the music isnt as loud anymore and i hear the exhaust and that thing was loud, and then i notice the supercharger wine.... .

Do you mean a 03 Cobra. There is no 2004 Cobra only Mustang GT with 3 valves per cyl and DOHC. The Cobra comes back in 05
                        1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
                        2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Eric 97LT4SS
                          Have to agree with Ken, my LT4 put down 301 to the rear wheels stock & now has 360rwhp but, with that being said I couldn't hang with an '04 Cobra even with what I have. Less than $1500 puts them at around +425 rwhp, right? Not saying the Hawk you saw didn't beat the Cobra in question, just that the Firehawk probably sprayed that's all
                          sprayed or not, its not like he cheated. Spray is just another way for Forced Induction, just like the supercharger the cobra has, so spray or not, he was the victor by all means

Comment

Working...
                          X