head and cam questions for 95 LT-1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head and cam questions for 95 LT-1

I have a 95 t/a. I am wanting to put a set of heads and cam in my car. i have a ? about a couple of things 1. my car has 85000 miles on it, will the bottom end hold up.
    2. i am considering on using my stock heads, new larger valves, ports opened, new springs, probably going with 2.02 1.60 valves. Or buy a set of new heads.
    3. How big of a cam is to big. I am looking a getting a cam that has a duration of 242 230 and lift is 558 558. is this cam to big or should i go with a LT-4 hot cam? i don't need to meet emissions live in Indiana
    4. what numbers should i expect to see with all these additions
    the list
    heads,cam,1.6 roller rockers,electric motor for water pump,maybe 58mm tb
    All answers greatly appreciatted.

95 t/a with hooker longtubes, underdrive pulleys, msd digital 6, holley 52mm tb, cold air, x pipe, best et 8.92 in 1/8 last dyno pull 265hp 295tq

The stock bottom can handle a decent head/cam upgrade; stock bottom can handle up to about 400 HP. If you have the time, and a few more dollars in your budget, you may want to re-ring, and re-bearing the bottom end, with a new oil pump.

As far as heads go… Stock ported will be fine, I would go with 2.00I, 1.6E… 2.02I’s are too big for a daily driver LT-1 “in my opinion,” the seat to deck margin is too close, and valve jobs will become more needed than normal.

The .558 cam does sound good, anything over .580 lift you will need a vacuum canister to supply enough vacuum to your brake booster. You may not pass emissions with that cam; the LT-4 Hot Cam will not pass in some states.

Your 52mm T.B. will be fine; no need for the 58mm yet.

Sorry... I read your post too fast; disregard the emissions' comment.
    John Wagner "Owner"
    D.E. Engine Performance & Fabrication
    1995 Formula

Comment

Working...
    X