Aftermarket Tach Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Tach Question

So after searchin for a bit, I am curious about where you guys got the Tach signal from for an Autometer tach. I know I can run it out to the coil, but I would like to keep the harness inside the car if I can. Can I get a tach signal from the ALDL? Thanks

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
    95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
    Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

i dont think you can get a tach signal from the aldl, its pure data, and carries all the cars info. youll have to look in the chiltons or haynes, but i am pretty sure you can go to the ecm and get the tach signal there. thats how i did mine, and i recall it was pretty easy.
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Don't all Trans Ams come stock with tachs? Just please dont mount it on your dash like a Ricer.
      1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
      2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
        Don't all Trans Ams come stock with tachs? Just please dont mount it on your dash like a Ricer.
        You ever try to watch that tach at the track? Not so easy when you are going flat out. Remember, this is a tachometer, not a sticker for in out loud!!

-Paul

Comment

Originally posted by azkkn
          i dont think you can get a tach signal from the aldl, its pure data, and carries all the cars info. youll have to look in the chiltons or haynes, but i am pretty sure you can go to the ecm and get the tach signal there. thats how i did mine, and i recall it was pretty easy.
          ECM pin huh? Good deal. Still inside the dash... Thanks.

-Paul

Comment

Originally posted by WICKED LT1
            You ever try to watch that tach at the track? Not so easy when you are going flat out. Remember, this is a tachometer, not a sticker for in out loud!!

-Paul
            Why don't you just put a shift light in the A/C vent to your left behind the shutters. It will save money and be Trick as H-E-double hockey sticks.
            1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
            2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Working...
            X