high beams don't work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high beams don't work

Ok, so i go to use the highbeams and they don't work. Now the switch doesn't click at all. Any idea what that is? I need it fixed, i'm due for inspection this december
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Originally posted by ryan34
    Ok, so i go to use the highbeams and they don't work. Now the switch doesn't click at all. Any idea what that is? I need it fixed, i'm due for inspection this december
    It's going to be one of two things based on the fact that the switch wont click:

1) the actuator rod is not pressing the switch in far enough to activate it.

2) the switch is shot.

Try testing for #1 first. try to push the switch in manually. It is located down low on the steering column by the ignition switch. Just remove the drivers side kick panel and locate where the actuator rod contacts the switch. Move the highbeam lever to make sure you have the correct actuator rod and switch. Use a small screwdriver to push the switch and make it click.

Does it work? If yes you will need to adjust the rod and switch. If no, replace the switch and adjust.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Sounds pretty easy to me, i'll try that.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
        Sounds pretty easy to me, i'll try that.
        Sounds easier than it is. That crap under the dash is all cluttered up and a tight place to work. Expect to do a little cussing.

Best O' luck!
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
        X