DOH!!! Boy am I dumb sometimes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOH!!! Boy am I dumb sometimes

I was backing the Z out of the garage on Friday getting ready to go meet SFC AL and I screwed up big.

I had the door open a bit with my left leg on the ground. I took off the ebrake to allow the car to coast out. The door ALWAYS clears the edge of the garage, but not this time. *crunch*

It just caught the edge. Dangit! The edge of the door is hashed. I just ordered a new door from the other forum. $145.00 delivered for a flawless pewter door. I'll have it painted professionally and install it myself. I hope the paint matches.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Sorry bro thats one major bummer. The other day I was jumping the battery in my bug with my Truck and when I pulled up my Driveway and got out to put on the cable, I didnt put the Truck in park. So I get out and my truck starts to roll forward and Im complete out side of the thing trying to jump in the door and stop it befor it runs into a tree 15 feet away. It must have been hillarious to see. Thinkfully I cought it with like 3 feet to spare. But you see we all do the dumb stuff.
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Man that sucks, don't feel bad though a couple months back I manage to back into a pole and knock the passenger side mirror off and two weeks later I hit my fence and put a big dent in the passenger quarter panel I never do anything like that, but for 2 weeks I apparently had issues backing up.
      Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

Bummer man! Get the paint scanned on the old door before they mix it. That way they can almost make it a perfect match.

Good Luck.
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

why dontcha just back out like a normal human bein?

my oh my

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I know how you feel. My girlfriend lives on a hill and when she got in the car, i released the E-brake. We went down the hill a little bit and suddenly hear an unpleasant SCRAAAAPPPEEE. I hopped out and discovered that there's part of a storm drain built into the curb and it sticks up about a half inch from the rest of the curb. Now i got a nasty little dent/ scrape combo
            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
            SOLD- Good riddance!
            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

its really not THAT bad.. but I hear ya bro.. I would want my car to be perfect if I had your car too. Hopefully they can match the paint. LOL hope the wife won big on the slots to pay for the door!

Soon as my car gets squared away I will be the same way you are.. heck right now I don't even worry about where I park in the parking lot of wally world.. after its painted though.. I will be hiking from BFE to the door hahahaha

AL

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
              Mods are:
              18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims
              Hot Wheels steering wheel cover
              Hurst Classic Shifter Ball with 6-speed pattern
              K&N CAI , I LIKE IT!! it REALLY does make a difference!

more pictures of the hooptie

Comment

Status Report:

I test fit the new door today and it lines up perfectly. It is primed, sanded and ready for paint. the next stop is a body shop for paint. I'm going to ask if the body shop will loan me their window rivet gun and 3 of the rivets so I can instll the window myself at home.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

After getting back from having my last motor in the 97 WS6 dyno tuned, I had it parked and running in my driveway. I was in the garage screwing around and I asked a buddy of mine to hop in the TA and move it up into the garage......well he wasn't too familiar with a reverse pattern valvebodied tranny and he managed to somehow pop it into first without his foot on the brake........well since my TA idled at about 1000 RPM with the cam I had, the car lunged forward and to the right and slammed right into the end of my garage.

The look on his face was priceless! The garage took some major repairs but the TA was fine...just spider webbed the paint on the front valance. Good thing he had his own paint and body shop.

It happens to the best of us Tracy.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                    After getting back from having my last motor in the 97 WS6 dyno tuned, I had it parked and running in my driveway. I was in the garage screwing around and I asked a buddy of mine to hop in the TA and move it up into the garage......well he wasn't too familiar with a reverse pattern valvebodied tranny and he managed to somehow pop it into first without his foot on the brake........well since my TA idled at about 1000 RPM with the cam I had, the car lunged forward and to the right and slammed right into the end of my garage.

The look on his face was priceless! The garage took some major repairs but the TA was fine...just spider webbed the paint on the front valance. Good thing he had his own paint and body shop.

It happens to the best of us Tracy.
                    I would love to have a video of that showing the expression on his face. That could be on one of those "video" TV shows. It's great to have you back, Kevin. How is pops doing?

Here is a picture of my car with the new door on it:

And here it is "fantasy island" style with no door at all. Better buckle up!

Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                      I would love to have a video of that showing the expression on his face. That could be on one of those "video" TV shows. It's great to have you back, Kevin. How is pops doing?
                      He's doing pretty good for now. I guess only time will tell. All of his recent lab results look promising though, so for the time being it appears he will pull through.

I can't see your pics for some reason...I'll try looking tomorrow.

Comment

Well since were on the Fbody horror storys i have two. Moved out here To Va from Southern Cali and about 3 months later the wife calls me from the side of 95 with the Z in the ditch. Messed up the exaust tips and the bumper cover. then 2 months later hit "something" on the 95 and put a hole threw the tire on the back right. took it to get a new tire to find that the "something had blown a hole in the rim.

Comment

nah, i've never done anything dumb like that....uh uh, no way....

My Story (With Pics)

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
                          CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Update:

The new door should be ready for me to pick up on Friday. I've got all the things I need to reinstall it including a new door bump guard (body color) and a new rubber seal for along the bottom edge of the door. I also got a new power window motor for it and cleaned up all the other door/window parts. It should go together easy and look like new.

Here is a link to the place that is doing the work for me:

http://www.kellymoss.com/

I'll post pictures of the progress as it takes place.
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:

Comment

Well, it was harder than I had anticipated but it is done.

In order to properly adjust the door hinge for the new door we needed to remove the fender. It is possible to remove the fender in about 15 minutes without removing the nose.

Once the door was lined up properly we installed and adjusted the window glass and then we reinstalled the fender. It looks as good as new now.
                              Tracy
                              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                              Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                              X