No announcement yet.

N*F*B* My veggie powered Benz.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seams like I remember that only gasoline cars get emissions. Diesels will get them I think in 2008. Everything else doesn't have to be tested.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
      Now, I havent become a tree-hugging hippie, but in order to balance out a 500 horse, fuel guzzlin' bird, I built this.

Its an 85 MB 300D. Not a spot of rust, runs awesome, cruises nice, everything works and the best part is that I converted it to run on FREE waste vegetable oil. I just finished it and runs BETTER than on diesel. I have about 100 miles on used, waste oil so far. The pics show the car, the oil tank in the spare tire well, and my "fuel station" in my basement.
      makes perfect sense. it todays world, of congress pushing alternative fuel down the gov's throat... i wonder why the big three have not done this... it would be a "diesel hybrid"....... right now... they just allow GM max 5% biodiesel and Ford 10%...... for a while..DaimlerChrysler said "".. now they go 5%. anymore than 10%...and it pluggs em up for sure.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Can you put nitrous on it? Inject N20 and vegetable oil?
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

It's a kick-ass idea. Not all too marketable, just because if everyone did it, that would create a demand for used veggie oil, and then we'd be paying for it, just like gasoline. Plus, technically, if you're not paying a motor vehicle fuel tax on the oil, it is illegal. But that's one of those things that a few people can do, and it's a great idea. Funny thing about it is, restaurants actually pay money to have used vegetable oil hauled off....alot of money. And you take it away for free, they're getting a great deal too...Now just make it run off of dirty old motor oil, cuz there's lots of garages and lube shops that spend tons of money getting that oil hauled away. Way to go buddy, I'm jealous!

Comment

What about Peanut oil? I usally have a few 5 gallon containers left over after I'm finished deep frying turkeys...
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

http://www.greasecar.com/
              http://www.a-car.com/fuel/vegoil.html
              http://www.biodiesel.org/
              "PRESIDENT SIGNS BILL CONTAINING BIODIESEL TAX INCENTIVE "
              http://www.vegoilmotoring.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                I started to call it German fries since it's a Mercedes.
                I can imagine that those German engineers would have a heart attack if they knew what he was doing with one of their "creations"

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Originally posted by ONLNTM5
                  I can imagine that those German engineers would have a heart attack if they knew what he was doing with one of their "creations"

Actually the diesel engine was originally designed to run on peanut oil.
                  96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                  11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by TexasFBody
                    It's a kick-ass idea. Not all too marketable, just because if everyone did it, that would create a demand for used veggie oil, and then we'd be paying for it, just like gasoline. Plus, technically, if you're not paying a motor vehicle fuel tax on the oil, it is illegal. But that's one of those things that a few people can do, and it's a great idea. Funny thing about it is, restaurants actually pay money to have used vegetable oil hauled off....alot of money. And you take it away for free, they're getting a great deal too...Now just make it run off of dirty old motor oil, cuz there's lots of garages and lube shops that spend tons of money getting that oil hauled away. Way to go buddy, I'm jealous!
                    I dont think its super marketable as-is. Its a PITA to pick up the oil and filter it. I probably spend an hour or two per week doing it.....not a lot of people are willing to do that. Not to mention, its smelly and greasy. Most would rather pull up to the pump and have someone filler er up.

As far as the tax goes, there currently is no tax on it becasue it it technically a food product. Hopefully, this is the way it stays.....
                    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                      Actually the diesel engine was originally designed to run on peanut oil.
                      Peanut oil is also the best for cooking fried foods - that's been my experience

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

There was a news article on the local tv station about a kid who converted his VW diesel over to veggie oil. Ran real well. It would certainly be interesting to try. The news channel said there are kits available for the conversion, if I remember correctly they ran about $1,000.
                        Dave M
                        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                          There was a news article on the local tv station about a kid who converted his VW diesel over to veggie oil. Ran real well. It would certainly be interesting to try. The news channel said there are kits available for the conversion, if I remember correctly they ran about $1,000.
                          Ive got about 500 into mine, but I bought my racor filter off of ebay rather than through the conversion company. That saved my about 100 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                          X