Exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust

Does any body have any info on long tube headers to short tube headers?

Originally posted by INTENSE RACING TEAM
    Does any body have any info on long tube headers to short tube headers?
    Yeah there a pain to install in a F-body especally the LT's.
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

I'M Looking for performance. Is one better than the other?

Comment

O heck yeah, The LT's will completly out flow the shorty's of and brand. The lnog tube is the way to go for power (try Hookers) als Mac makes a really decent Mid-length header thats the best of both worlds, easy install and great power
        1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
        2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

the macs are realy reasonable on the budget too
          -Nick-
          95 A4 Z28

Comment

I'm sorry but I have to pipe up here. LT and ST have two different reasons for being. One id for torque and the other for HP. LT headers will give you more HP in the Upper RPM range 4500+ where as ST headers with smaller primaries will give you better torque in the low RPM range 1000-4500.
            It all depends on what you are going to do with the car. If you want to Drag race at the track get the LT headers as that is about the only place you will need or should need to be in the 4500+ RPM range( I say should because I dont like to see it on the Highway ) If you want a car that is going to feel like ithas piles of power down low from stoplight to stoplight then you want ST headers and torque. Torque is what will give you the tire burning squeeling power effect not HP, unless you drive arount at 5000 RPM everywhere.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Not to disagree but for the best all around performance go with the LT's. They provide more torque and more horespower. You'll probably notice that your torque curves seems to move up a little but not a whole lot. If you install LT's its not going to be like your car falls flat on its face until you hit 4,500 rpms. You'll have plenty down low and a whole lot more up top. The problem with LT's is if you have the car lowered or plan to lower it your going to have problems with clearance. Also it is technically illegal to move a stock cat but if you have a visual inspection most places don't seem to mind as long as you have a cat on there. Lt's will be a pain to install but if you can get away with the emissions part of it they would be my recommendation.
              1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
              X