Do i need simulators?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i need simulators?

I am ordering a set of Pacesetter Long Tube Headers and Off-Road Y-Pipe. Tell me what else i need. I think I need the extensions for the front two sensors, but do I need simulators for the back two sensors. Not too knowledgable bout it, so I need someone to tell me.
    Thanks
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

My Pacesetters came with "02 wire extensions" which ended up being no more than some wire. The drivers side fit without having to use any extension. I just spliced and soldered the wires and they seem to work fine. Some people will tell you that you need to buy true extensions with connectors....its up to you. And yes with an obd2 you will need simulators or to have the rear o2's tuned out so you don't get a ses light.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

YOu know It may just be cheaper for you to go to the junk yard and find a OBD1 computer in a 94-95 and just plug it into yours. Then you will not need simulators. You can keep your obdII harness, the 1995 is just like it (same Prom). I had a buddy do this so we could but use the same tuning softwear and Connction Cable.
      1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
      2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Originally posted by RyanB58
        I am ordering a set of Pacesetter Long Tube Headers and Off-Road Y-Pipe. Tell me what else i need. I think I need the extensions for the front two sensors, but do I need simulators for the back two sensors. Not too knowledgable bout it, so I need someone to tell me.
        Thanks
        For less than the price of the O2 sims you can just take your car to a local GM tuner and have them "delete" the rear O2 sensors from the PCM. The PCM will not care as to the efficiency of the cats anymore.

Comment

Working...
        X