Port and Polish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port and Polish

I've read a few places that a back yard port and polish of the heads can net some good numbers on stock heads? Is that true? It seems a little risky to me and like it wouldn't flow even to each cylinder. Would that be anywhere near worth it? Are there any sites on the internet with steps on how to do this?
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Originally posted by 94 formula
    I've read a few places that a back yard port and polish of the heads can net some good numbers on stock heads? Is that true? It seems a little risky to me and like it wouldn't flow even to each cylinder. Would that be anywhere near worth it? Are there any sites on the internet with steps on how to do this?
    Well just remember that Leanardos first painting wasnt the Mona Lisa. Its you got an extra set LT1 head laying aroung and you want to try it, go for it, you might suprise your self on how well they turn out, or then again you may do the oppisite.

You could always find a set of Iron 9c1 Head (Cop Car Head), Zizzs them up a littel and they take them to a head place and have them flowed. then use that info to evan out the ports, then have them flowed again. Hey, you may cut some nice flowing heads, and if not, its only 200$.
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Working...
    X