N*F*B: It's official!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ONLNTM5
    I’m sorry, but I have to be critical of Kerry at least one more time, because I think it’s a subject worth mentioning. Earlier, when Kerry called Bush to concede the presidency, he showed his well known, gall and disrespect for Bush. He said that Bush needed to do something about the division in this country. That annoys me, because apparently Kerry didn’t notice that Bush not only won the electoral vote, but also the popular vote. He has gotten more votes, than any candidate running for the presidency, since 1988, when his father held the record. Now, that tells me that more people are united, than ever before! How else would Bush have gotten so many votes-more than anyone in American history? Its people like Kerry and Edwards, that promote division in this country, and stir up trouble, with falsehoods. Face it Kerry, you are wrong about this country being more divided than ever before. Saying it doesn’t make it so. I would imagine the world sees it as America being the “UNITED” States of America, instead of the “DIVIDED” States of America.
    Its no Division, Its not about that. Its that we dont Agree on certain Topics, that if you think about are really petty. We argue about abortion and economics, about jobs and forgien policies. But other than that we all still want one thing, America to be the land of the free, where my fathers died, we want the best for her. People just need to remember about the nation and stop worring about there Party for next 3 and a half years.
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
      Its no Division, Its not about that. Its that we dont Agree on certain Topics, that if you think about are really petty. We argue about abortion and economics, about jobs and forgien policies. But other than that we all still want one thing, America to be the land of the free, where my fathers died, we want the best for her. People just need to remember about the nation and stop worring about there Party for next 3 and a half years.
      I'll go along with that.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

come on guys think about it. what has Bush done that makes you think he is such a good president? As a college student that drives an f-body, he has done nothing for me. Look at the facts, how do you take a 75 billion dollar surplus from the Clinton era and completely sqwander it to the point of deficit. It really ticked me off when he cut federal student loan amounts. And you wanna know why the people who where affected by 9/11 voted the other way? Because they are the people who see everyday what Bush's "homeland security" plans are doing. The people in Wyoming dont have to worry about a dirty bomb being used in the middle Butte. Also with the help of his advisors, it is the responsiblity of our president to provide and economy where jobs can thrive. Oh and the taxing of people making over $200,000 is exactly what Clinton did when he was in office and with his administration, i remember a pretty heathly economy. I dont even wanna talk about the price of gas. it averages 2.30 here in illinois for premium. Just my .02 cents

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
        Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
          Great now wont have a job or place to live by next year

I just wrote this to a co-worker worried about the same thing. Please give it a read, and a chance to digest it.

Please forgive all spelling/grammar errors. I was stuffing my face with Jimmy John’s while writing this…

Outsourcing, and why we shouldn’t worry about it:

We’ve always been told not to worry about things we can’t control, right? OK, good we agree… whether you agree with me that outsourcing falls in to that category doesn’t matter, you will agree by the end of this essay.

Transportation and information networks have made this a global economy. I can converse real time with someone in France and China at the same time, as well as ship a package overnight to Beirut. Now, employment is a voluntary agreement between employer and employee. The employer says he will offer this wage for this amount of work. If that’s acceptable to the employee, the employee takes the job and begins working for the employer. The problem in developing nations is that the employees are so poor, that even a job that pays them $0.10 an hour pays them more than what they have. So they take the job. The employer is met in a hotly contested marketplace. He has to compete on price and to do so needs to take advantage of the cheaper labor, and therefore ships the jobs overseas.

Classic case of outsourcing. OK, so why can’t we stop it?

Think of the market place as something businesses “enter” and “exit”. When you open up a business, you “enter” a market. When you leave the market, you “exit”. Something like obtaining a business license is a “barrier to entry” – it makes it more difficult to enter the market. Something like a penalty tax for outsourcing is a “barrier to exit”. John Kerry wants to slow outsourcing – even he admits it can’t be stopped. Here is the problem with taxing companies for outsourcing… due to the tax on outsourcing jobs, the company is forced to keep the jobs at home. “YIPEE!” yells Kerry… but not so fast. The higher expense of labor here means that the company’s international competitor can take advantage of cheaper wages in other countries and charge less money for their product. The home company is no longer competitive in that market. Demand for the home company’s product has plummeted, and the company is no longer profitable. Now, the company faces layoffs. Wait… you mean we lose those jobs either way? Yes, but it gets worse. Now not only are there many people without jobs, but there is also a struggling company, that is growing SMALLER instead of larger. The only thing we could do now is try to impose a tariff on the imported goods to raise the price of the foreign goods. OK, but in a marketplace where several people have lost their jobs, how are they going to pay a higher price for the foreign goods? The entire economy contracts. In the end, what began as a “barrier to exit” became a “barrier to entry”. No one opens new businesses in a recession when they know that if they have to change to meet a changing marketplace, they will be taxed as a result.

A case for the budget deficit:

Moderate deficits (and I am not calling the one we have now “moderate”) will actually HELP the economy. We’ve already seen that you can’t really stop outsourcing, but you can attempt to slow it. Slowing it with taxes produces a downward spiral that makes everyone worse off. A deficit will actually slow outsourcing too… here’s how: The further in debt our nation goes, the weaker our dollar becomes overseas. If you want proof of that, take a trip to London. When the dollar is weaker, goods from other countries become more expensive. People will buy less imported goods as their prices rise, and buy more domestic goods because domestic goods do not get more expensive. The same holds true for labor costs – labor becomes more expensive overseas. While labor is still cheaper overseas, a company executive is less likely to send a job overseas if the savings produced are only $2.00 an hour, where they used to be $4.00.

IF ALL OF THIS isn’t enough to convince you, then maybe this article will:

http://www.mdtaxes.org/NEWS-Stories-...ts.1-12.04.htm

I’ll give you the cliffnotes: We have actually IMPORTED more jobs than we have EXPORTED!!!!!!! What????? You mean all this outsourcing stuff really isn’t true?????? Well, yes and no. The net job loss during Bush’s first four years was due to the recession and layoffs because of it, but NOT outsourcing. The other problem is that the imported jobs are high paying, high skilled, technical jobs – whereas the outsourced jobs are manufacturing and labor jobs. These people usually don’t have enough education for the higher paying jobs. Ultimately, the only choice we have here is to better educate our citizens to get them these higher paying jobs.

It’s a world economy, and the more the government tries to make it “ideal” the worse it is going to get. Outsourcing will ultimately continue until the going wage for labor in China = the wage for labor in USA = wage for labor in Germany……………. we’re a long ways away.

In the meantime, prepare yourself. Make yourself as marketable as possible. EDUCATE yourself as much as you can, and be as qualified as you can be. Most importantly, don’t worry about things you can’t control. Just be ready.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
            Congrats to the commander and chief
            Funny how states the most affected by 9/11 went the other way.
            NY and DC ALWAYS vote democrat They could literally put a monkey on the ballot, and if it was a democratic monkey, we'd (NY) vote for it.
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by lt1maro
              come on guys think about it. what has Bush done that makes you think he is such a good president? As a college student that drives an f-body, he has done nothing for me. Look at the facts, how do you take a 75 billion dollar surplus from the Clinton era and completely sqwander it to the point of deficit. It really ticked me off when he cut federal student loan amounts. And you wanna know why the people who where affected by 9/11 voted the other way? Because they are the people who see everyday what Bush's "homeland security" plans are doing. The people in Wyoming dont have to worry about a dirty bomb being used in the middle Butte. Also with the help of his advisors, it is the responsiblity of our president to provide and economy where jobs can thrive. Oh and the taxing of people making over $200,000 is exactly what Clinton did when he was in office and with his administration, i remember a pretty heathly economy. I dont even wanna talk about the price of gas. it averages 2.30 here in illinois for premium. Just my .02 cents
              Please read thorugh what I just posted.
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
                I have a job, but with Bush in office for 4more years it will be overseas in a couple months.
                Well, I don’t know how Bush is responsible for your job possibly going over seas, but Kerry’s economic plan, was ANTI-business. Everyone agrees that it was not going to work. Bush has managed to create a better "atmosphere" for business in this country, over the past 4 years, with his tax cuts. That is CRUCIAL, to growing the economy. If Kerry had won, the job that you are speaking of, would be leaving as soon as Bush had conceded. Wall street, substantially spiked this morning as soon as trading began, because of Bush's impending reelection. That should tell everyone something. When Reagan and Bush SR, were in the Whitehouse, the economy in my town, went through the roof, and a great number of new businesses were created. Me and family started one of these new businesses. Ronald Reagan even came here to give a speech, because our town was doing so well, and was a good example of Reagan’s economic policies. As soon as Clinton took office, businesses around here started closing, at a staggering rate, amid rumors of tax increases. My career ended as well, in 2000, when the stock market took a huge drop around August of that year, which was just before Bush took office. I wasn’t the only one either, the economy in the south was bad during Clinton’s term, at least in my area. I know that it was bad in parts of Georgia, as well, which is where most of our product was sold. Within the past 4 years, a lot of businesses that closed during Clinton, have returned once again, and there is new construction everywhere. Bush is not the problem as far as I can see, because he has made the inherited Clinton recession, and the trillion dollar hit to our economy, the shortest in American history. His policy will work.

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

[/QUOTE]That is so not true. You wait and watch the economy now. Bush almost doubled the amount of spending on education. The only education needed is to the voters on economics 101.[/QUOTE]

How much longer can we wait, 4 more years of Iraq, we are even more divided than 4 years ago. I would never fight for this man if he reinstated the draft, I don't believe in his cause and Iraq.
                  I am scared of what will that man do in the next 4 years since he doesn't have to worry about reelection.
                  Talk about terrorist. When did you guys see in the mid western states or down south seen a terrorist. It's like fighting an invisible enemy, being threatened with these ridiculous "orange alerts" every time Bush’s numbers fall. Bs scare tactics.
                  You want weapons of mass destruction you should worry about China, N.Korea, India, Pakistan, former republics of Russia, Israel.
                  Ultimately what we will know Bush for, losing track of Bin Ladin (son of one the most wealthy Saudi family that invests billions of $$$ in US) , the mess in Iraq, divided nation, election mess (2000).
                  I hope Bush takes another 8 month vacation, or stay out of Washington 42% of the time to reconsider his position.
                  1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                  "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                    So why did Kerry concede?
                    cause he knew he couldnt win....and it cost money to keep going on

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                      cause he knew he couldnt win....and it cost money to keep going on
                      Trust me he has the money, I think it was more of a Dignity thing, he didnt want to be the guy (Gore) that drags out a defeat.
                      1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
                      2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
                        How much longer can we wait, 4 more years of Iraq, we are even more divided than 4 years ago. I would never fight for this man if he reinstated the draft, I don't believe in his cause and Iraq.
                        I am scared of what will that man do in the next 4 years since he doesn't have to worry about reelection.
                        Talk about terrorist. When did you guys see in the mid western states or down south seen a terrorist. It's like fighting an invisible enemy, being threatened with these ridiculous "orange alerts" every time Bush’s numbers fall. Bs scare tactics.
                        You want weapons of mass destruction you should worry about China, N.Korea, India, Pakistan, former republics of Russia, Israel.
                        Ultimately what we will know Bush for, losing track of Bin Ladin (son of one the most wealthy Saudi family that invests billions of $$$ in US) , the mess in Iraq, divided nation, election mess (2000).
                        I hope Bush takes another 8 month vacation, or stay out of Washington 42% of the time to reconsider his position.
                        This man George Bush does not want to reinstate the draft. The democrats are the one that wants to reinstate the draft. A democrat, Charlie Rangel of New York is the one who introduced the bill in 2002 to reinstate the draft. It was voted on in 2004 and the only 2 people to vote for the draft were 2 democrats. As you know, Kerry is a democrat. If you are afraid of the draft, you should be a lot more scared of having a democrat as the president.

I'm not sure what the president could/would do to be scared of. I know his foreign policy is complicated but I truly believe that in the long run it is the right thing to do. If he had chosen to not do anything like Clinton did, it would have just passed the problem on to the next president and given the terrorist more time to prepare for another attack.

The alert status idea was actually a democrats idea so if you don't like it, talk to the guy who invented it. I can't remember his name. I know Tom Ridge is in charge of homeland security but it wasn't his idea.

Yes we all are worried about WMD's that other countries have but we had to deal with the state that would have most likely given one to a terrorist first and we have done that. We'll see who might be next.

Keep in mind that Clinton had a lot more opportunity to get Bin Laden than Bush did. We had him in our sites to kill him but nobody could find Clinton to get the approval to pull the trigger. Turns out he was on a golf coarse.
                        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Trust me he has the money, I think it was more of a Dignity thing, he didnt want to be the guy (Gore) that drags out a defeat.
                          i know "he' has the money... he stated he didnt want to spend the "tax payers" money.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Get ready for a draft.
                            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

You get it, why doesn't Kerry

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                                Get ready for a draft.
                                Why do you say that? The group of people that wanted it didn't get elected.

Comment

Working...
                                X