Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N*F*B: Another quick RC vid if anyone's interested.. This one's my heli.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N*F*B: Another quick RC vid if anyone's interested.. This one's my heli.

I was at the field last weekend flying my plane and helicopter, and had a friend take a video of my heli.. I posted the plane video a couple weeks ago, so I figured I'd follow up with the heli

Check it out. This is called the Raptor. It's got a .50 nitro engine in it. It's a little rocket ship.

http://cousinlarry.com/images/rc/rap50.WMV

enjoy!
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Hey

Hey Jeff,

Do you post on Runryder at all? I fly helicopters too, I go to IRCHA every year, and I am a sponsored pilot for Ikarus and DNHP out of Korea! Where do you live? Maybe we can drive Fbods and fly choppers sometime!

...Tim

Comment

That's awesome! Yes, I post on RunRyder all the time (TurboRacer)..

I am in CT, what about you?

F-Bods, and RC's... What a great combo!

Comment

Hey

I live in Wisconsin. My non-Fbody daily driver car has the license plate HLCPTRZ! haha I should switch it with my TA so I can better combine the two.

I am Timbers on Runryder. I am President of our helicopter club in Milwaukee.

http://swarm.rcclubs.com

Cool!

...Tim

Comment

Hey Jeff, what do you recommend a good 4 channel RC airplane for a beginner from Tower Hobbies? I want a complete kit that comes pre-built. I've wanted one since I was kid.
          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
            Hey Jeff, what do you recommend a good 4 channel RC airplane for a beginner from Tower Hobbies? I want a complete kit that comes pre-built. I've wanted one since I was kid.
            Can't go wrong with something like this. 4 channel .40 size trainer. Comes with a simulator too.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...o/hcaa17r.html

Find a flying field and see if anyone there can help you too with a buddy cable (line from your transmitter to his). That way you'll keep it in one picece for a while.

Then when you graduate you can use the engine and electronics in something a little more advanced.

Either way I'd get a simulator too if you've never flown. A good free on is FMS Simulator - check google.

Good luck!

Comment

I used to fly when I was in HS. I learned on a plane called an Sturdy Birdy. It had a .40 motor, the wings were made of styrofoam..joined in the center with fiberglass tape, the body was 3"(?) square PVC, and the tail section was made of aluminum with wooden vertical and horizontal stabilizers. The landing gear was sturdy /-\ shaped bent piece of 1/8" aluminum. Man, that thing was tough..I wrecked it like 4 times...did minor repairs and it was back in the air. That is until I did a hard landing and ripped the gear right out of the PVC. LOL Then I got an Ugly Stick...got it all assembled...put the engine in, aaaaand never flew it. The guy who was teaching me to fly sold all his stuff and I didn't trust myself with my shiny new, much more fragile, airplane. In retrospect, i should have just flown the thing. I was alright for take off and flying around..it was landing that was hairy for me. I would like to get back into it some day. Anyway, if you can find a sturdy birdy, I would recommend trying it for a first plane, takes a licking and keeps on tickin.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Working...
              X