WS6 exhaust on V6 Camaro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS6 exhaust on V6 Camaro?

Question - one of my fellow F-Body folks has a stock exhaust from his 2001 WS6 left over after putting a different one on ... I was wondering if it can be made fit on my 98 V6 Convertible without too much trouble? Also, prerequisite is that it won't interfere with the KB DD SFCs ...
    Garry Glendown * '00 Firehawk M6 #92 * '98 Camaro V6 Convertible

I don't know if this really helps ya out or not, but one of my buds a while back ordered a cat back for an LT1, when he only had the 3.4 in it, cole muffler got it to fit, im guessing just different sleeves to fit the pipes right. Hope that helps. Im pretty positive it can be done, i dont see why not just might need to adjust pipes and use sleeves. You could go to a parts store, such as Advance Auto and ask to see their exhaust catalog and compare systems and in the book it will tell you all the pipe diameters and has pictures so you can compare. I'd try doing that, then you'll have a better idea how well it will fit.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Hm ... not really comparable I'm afraid ... some guy at camarov6.com said he had a Z28 exhaust on his Camaro ... only thing I'm concerned about is my Camaro being a convertable, though I recon they don't build different bottom pieces for V6 and Z28 ... guess I'll just pick it up and see if it works ...
      Garry Glendown * '00 Firehawk M6 #92 * '98 Camaro V6 Convertible

Comment

I have my Z28 exhaust and muffler under my 91 Plymouth Voyager,don't see why it wouldn't fit a 6 !!!!
        94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

muffler/tips

i had an aftermarket exhaust from a 1999 camaro z28 and put it on my 99 v6 camaro it fits no problem... the only thing is the sound it is horrible dont think it will make your v6 sound meaner it sounds horrible. i put a set of resonating tips on and it made it sound much nicer. just a little fyi from experience

Comment

muffler/tips

i had an aftermarket exhaust from a 1999 camaro z28 and put it on my 99 v6 camaro it fits no problem... the only thing is the sound it is horrible dont think it will make your v6 sound meaner it sounds horrible. i put a set of resonating tips on and it made it sound much nicer. just a little fyi from experience

Comment

Working...
            X