ok all you zaino guys i have a good one for a test NFB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok all you zaino guys i have a good one for a test NFB

i just bought a 1999 dodge ram 1500 sport for a winter beater/daily driver. the paint is horrible on it, its all scratched from a dog on the drivers door and has the usual pick up dings and scrapes. i bought it because it only has 25k on it and it has a 7 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. so will zaino help me out with scratches?
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

If the scratches are only in the clear coat and don't go all the way down to the paint, Zaino can help hide them. If the scratches are deep then no wax or polish will help, only a proper touch-up, repaint, or buffing job will get rid of them. I've noticed that Zaino can actually enhance flaws that it doesn't cover up, because everything else looks so good and shiny that anything out of the ordinary really stands out.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

like dave said... zaino is not a "fix all", its a show car polish. it will fill swirl marks in the clear coat.

you should try using a clear coat rubbing compound on that thing first, then clay it... then apply the zaino. start out with the cleanest smoothest surface you can possibly get on it.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
      X