CAGS in 94?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAGS in 94?

I have a 94 Z being delivered this week. I recall a 95 I owned years ago required a CAGS disconnect plug to shift "properly". Will I need this for the 94?

The 1994 "skip shift" (or CAGS) featrue is identical to the 95 model... it will prevent you from going from 1st to 2nd gear in some low load, low speed situations. To remove this feature in a 94 or 95, all you need to do is unplug the harness connector from the skip shift solenoid on the drivers side of the tranny:

After you remove the plug, tape both the plug and the connection on the tranny to keep water out. In a 94 or 95, this will NOT turn on the SES light (96/97 it will). However, it does set DTC 84 as a stored code in the PCM. This will not affect anything. And the "skip shift" light on the dash will continue to illuminate. To avoid the DTC code, you need to insert a 2.2Kohm, 1/2 watt resistor into the pins of the harness connector. To eliminate the "skip shift" light, you need to disconnect a wire from the PCM. Let me know if you need the wire location.

Of course you could spend $30 on a "skip shift eliminator", but the resister is less than 50-cents at Radio Shack .
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
      X