NFB leaving again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB leaving again

I just finished a telephone interview for a job in Kuwait. I was offered the position. I'm not sure if I'll take it or not. It is hard to argue with the money though. I'll get a $5K bonus at completion of a one year contract. That would buy a bunch of mods.

PS the photo on the left was taken New Year's Eve at my apartment in Kuwait.

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Sounds hot (literally). You still active or is this a private stint? And, can you bring your car???

Martin
    '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

Comment

I have been retired for 5 years now. Had 6 jobs in that time. IT jobs are hard to come by and keep these days. Maybe I should have been a plumber.

No I get to use a leased vehicle.

Comment

Hey they have lots of cool iron over there. LS1 powered sedans, high octane premium, I'd sure have fun with that stuff.

Comment

Good point. I here the Impala SS's are a hot item there.
          '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

Comment

Good point. I here the Impala SS's are a hot item there.

Comment

I saw plenty of Ferraris, Turbo Porshes, and exotics.

I also saw a Suburban with live sheep in it (LOL), too bad no camera that day.

I saw a NASCAR pickup, complete with window webbing and a 1st Gen Camaro with a S/C sticking out of the hood.

I think the Kuwaitis just see neat cars on Ebay and order them, not build them.

Hey Kerm, put your Hawk on EBAY and just write Kuwait someplace in the description and you could get $50K for it

Bob

Comment

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!! So maybe i'll meet ya over there soon, i got back a couple months ago, and it wasnt that bad at all. The contractors over there were making some serious cash, all tax free. In a way its kind of sad that the contractors make so many times more than what us joes make. But such is life. Right now kuwait is pretty safe, it was when i was there in the middle of the war, so i don't think you will have too much to worry about.
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                Traded in: 1998 Z28
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Well I did my 21 years at below standard wages so I think I earned it LOL. If I take the job I'll be at Doha or that new camp.

Airborne All the Way!

Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X