Auto Shift Points for 94TA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Shift Points for 94TA

Anyone know what an automatic shifts at (RPM wise at WOT) for a 94 TA? The reason I ask, at WOT, it shifts a little past redline. Doesn't seem like a stock setting to me, but then again, what do I know?

Martin
    '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

ours does same

ours does the same thing, but it only happens between D and OD when you floor the gas.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/magnetheadz28

Kenwood Krc-335(soon to be HU)]
    Kenwood Kdc-c669 (soon to be cd changer)
    Lanzar Vibe 418 (subwoofer amp)
    Lanzar Vibe 218 (6x9 amp)
    Subwoofers: bazooka EL1204

Comment

Geez! How fast were you going??
      Martin
      '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

Comment

LOL 150 mph

I noticed today my shift point from 1st to 2nd was 6000 rpms. Now I accidently pulled the adjustment pin when the throttle cable broke so I'm not sure about how it is set. I was going to post a question here as how to set it but I hadn't got around to it yet.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I noticed mine shifting at 6000rpms in rare cases. Mostly shifts at 5800 WOT, which is why I raised my rev limiter to 6000.

Moroso CAI, AS&M Chrome Strut Tower Brace, 1LE rubber bellow, HPP+ w/ 160 stat, Hypertech Air Charger, Lakewood driveshaft loop, Spintech muffler, MBA hi-polished caps, Relocated IAT Sensor, DRL's disabled

Comment

Since redline is at 5800, isn't 6000 hard on the engine? Anyone know what the rev limiter is set at for the Lt1?

Comment

Stock rev limiter is at 5800. I left my shift points alone, just wanted to raise the limiter to avoid hitting it at WOT.

Comment

Not sure if this will help anyone, I lowered my shift points for the 1-2 shift, and the 2-3 shift. My car really responded to that, most likely due to the 3.73s as well. I found that the elevated shift points were winding out the motor past the optimum recovery point.... That's the point in the rpm range immediatly after the shift when the motor is forced back into a lower rpm. Ideally, on a gearshift you want the motor to be in it's torque peak or just a hair below when it settles into the next gear. I haven't had enough time to dial in the 3-4 shift. I spent most of my time dialing in the first 1/8 mile and haven't found out if the car traps better winding out 3rd or shifting into 4th before the traps. Gotta love the LT-1 torque.

Also, you can't really depend on the factory tach being very accurate. It may say 6000, but it is likely 5800. There is a certain percentage of error, lag time, etc. that is hard to nail down with the factory tach.

Comment

Working...
                X