LS1 intake to LT1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 intake to LT1

Ok, on the Lt1 the intake runs from infront of the drivers side wheel well, through the MAF, into the elbow, and then in to the TB. Can you just take the fan shroud, intake parts and buy a WS6/LT1 like TB to MAF boot and run a LS1 style air intake on a LT1? I was talking to a buddy and he wants to try it. Any input?
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

OK I see how it is.
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.

Comment

It can be done. There is a local F-body Guru here in Cincy who did it. I think he used the airbox and Rad. support from a Firehawk. He also had a Ram Air hood to allow room for the airbox.

Randy
      99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
      93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

It's been done, someone recently posted some pics of it over on CamaroZ28.com.
        Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
          OK I see how it is.
          Chill.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
            Chill.
            Just trying to get feedback. You know it kind of worked.

Comment

Working...
            X