Headers Install ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers Install ?

I'm sure this has been posted hundreds of times, but any tips on the LT Pacesetters would be appreciated. Gonna start it Friday after work.
    Thanks
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Originally posted by RyanB58
    I'm sure this has been posted hundreds of times, but any tips on the LT Pacesetters would be appreciated. Gonna start it Friday after work.
    Thanks
    Here is an extremely thorough walkthrough with pics for an LT1.

Right click and Save Target As. It is a Word document.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody...be_install.doc

Comment

Thanks FastTA,
      Wish me luck!!!
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

hehehehehe... "Good luck" is right. I've been through a header install... fun time ...

You have a lift -- or at least some ramps, right?
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

No ramps, but i have 3 quick-pump jacks and some 4x6s. when I put the lift on my silverado, I had the truck high enough to sit underneath it. Getting it up there is interesting to watch.

Comment

I just put my SLP shorty headers in 2 weeks ago. Biggest pain in the butt was getting them in from underneath. Getting the gaskets aligned was a challenge too. I ended up using thread to hold the gaskets on the first and last pipes. Everything looks like it is properly aligned and tightened snugly, but I am getting a tapping noise from somewhere.
            Spark plug access is great though, took like an hour and a half. The new problem plug is #3.
            I gotta figure out the tapping noise though... Getting knock on all 3 passes @ the track. Just ordered the pcmcomm logger to see how much timing is getting retarded. Track is only open for 2 more weekends, and it would bug me all winter if I don't get this sorted out.

Good luck on the install, and if possible get help when you go to put the new headers on from underneath.
            1995 Firebird Formula
            (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Working...
            X