Ken, Tire question.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken, Tire question.....

I'm looking for tires for my wife's minivan. Obviously, I'm not looking for something high-performance for this. Just good wet and snow traction, long life and good value (and safety, obviously). What's your reccomendation? How about the Goodyear Assurance Comfortread? It looks like a a quality tire and Goodyear has a $50 rebate on four right now. Any other's you'd reccomend? (OE size is 205/75/14)

Thanks!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

I'm not Ken but I put Firestone Firehawk SS20s on my wife's mini van. It had 205-75x14s and I went with 215-70x14s. I'm thrilled with them. We have about 30k on them and they still have probably half the tread left on them. They don't squall around corners like the Goodyear's that were on it. 2 of the 4 Goodyear's that were on it had belts that separated and grew bubbles on the surface. It road like the wheel was bent. Turned out it was the tires. That's pretty weird what a tire looks like when the tread separates. I wouldn't put Goodyear's on my lawn mower.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

It's funny you mention that.... Ours squeal around corners (bad) and rides like a wheel is bent or tire out of balance. I don't remember the brand of tire on it now though. Thanks for the reccomendation.
      Dave M

Comment

Ken, can you chime in?
        Dave M

Comment

Working...
        X