need help with some parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with some parts

I was wondering what is the stock size of the throttle body on a 96 TA? I was thinkin of gettin a BBK twin 52mm one, and was wondering if it was going to be good and if there was a big difference over the stock one. My TA has ram air, and i'll be adding headers( maybe BBK ceramic) and it has an air foil also. And I was thinkin of getting a Granatelli mass airflow sensor. I just want the best combo as I can get. Thanks.
    1987 Monte Carlo SS, Lightning rod equipped. edelbrock intake/carb, heddman headers, moog suspension, dual snorkle air cleaner, no comp/emissions. Body off restoration.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2167110

Originally posted by johnz138
    I was wondering what is the stock size of the throttle body on a 96 TA? I was thinkin of gettin a BBK twin 52mm one, and was wondering if it was going to be good and if there was a big difference over the stock one. My TA has ram air, and i'll be adding headers( maybe BBK ceramic) and it has an air foil also. And I was thinkin of getting a Granatelli mass airflow sensor. I just want the best combo as I can get. Thanks.
    Stocker is 48mm. For the amount of money that you would spend on that Grnatelli MAF, you could have your car professionally tuned to make the most out of what will be done to the motor.

You really won't notice a huge difference in a 52mm TB over the stock one, but the larger TB would benefit you by supporting more HP later down the road.

Comment

Working...
    X