4th gen dash in a 3rd gen swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th gen dash in a 3rd gen swap

I have a friend that put in a 2001 camaro ss dash in his 1989 Iroc and he needs the gauge cluster pinout to get everything working.make sure its not from an LT1 its not the same.thanks in advance
    1967 Camaro "Project"
    1972 Chevelle "454"
    1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

That can actually be done??? Could you tell me how much of a PITA that is to be done and what other parts you need aside from the obvious dash and its components. I would love to do that with my car.
    86 Firebird, Just a lowly 6 banger, sold
    Plans for an '02 WS6 are in the mix for 2008 (after I'm out of the army)

Comment

I've seen a 69 Camaro with a 94 Dash...it looked right at home...if I get another 3rd gen, it'll probably be one thing I'd do...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I love the way the car looks on the exterior, I think the factory did a great job. I will never do anything to change that appearence, well mabey a hood, but no more. The interior however is a different. I think the inside needs some help IMHO. I would love to put a 4th gen dash and center console in my 3rd gen. I think that would greatly improve the interior. Oh and the seats to go with it. Then put a paint job on the ol' girl and she'll be a pretty little girl.

I would llike to know how much of a PITA it would be to accomplish this task and if it would be worth the time

Thanks guys!!

Comment

I'm willing to bet there are a lot of custom-work...it will definately be a PITA. The article didn't go into detail how the install went, but from the pics I saw on the 69...it looks pretty extensive.

I know the 3rd gen might be easier...the center console should bolt right up. I know a few guys with the console that put there window swtiches in the ash tray.

It's do-able, but extensive and it'll take alot of effort to make it fit and work. But I'll do it cuz it'll be one nice piece of work when it's done.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

It would look so nice and definatly be something, if done right, show worthy. Plus not many people have that kind of thing in their 3rd gen.

I'll look into it more...

Thanks

Comment

I was interested in Ferios for a while befor I got my bug. I saw a site on the net that showed how to put a 4th gen F-body dash in to a littel fiero GT. The car also had a LS-1 but the dash was the most impressive part to me. The thing looked Stock!
              1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
              2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Originally posted by RocKin1967
                I have a friend that put in a 2001 camaro ss dash in his 1989 Iroc and he needs the gauge cluster pinout to get everything working.make sure its not from an LT1 its not the same.thanks in advance
                Plenty of people have put 4th gen interior parts (dash, console, etc.) in 3rd gens, so you're in luck. Just go to www.thirdgen.org , click on Message Forums, then click on the "Body and Interior" board. There should be a sticky or two about the 4th gen interior swap, but if you can't find your answer there, than just search, I can almost guarantee that the pinout info you need is on there somewhere. Good luck!
                1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
                Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
                Trans: TH700R4
                Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

well he says hes looked and all hes found are lt1 dash swaps not the ls1 and the wiring is different .....
                  1967 Camaro "Project"
                  1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

Can he get some pics? Or does anyone know off hand any online? That would look sweet.

I'm sure it would look sweet. The 3rd gens remind me a lot of the 4th gens, down to the hump in the passenger side floor. I always thought they were a lot alike, I'm just wondering if it fits like a glove in there like I thought it would.
                    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                      Can he get some pics? Or does anyone know off hand any online? That would look sweet.

I'm sure it would look sweet. The 3rd gens remind me a lot of the 4th gens, down to the hump in the passenger side floor. I always thought they were a lot alike, I'm just wondering if it fits like a glove in there like I thought it would.
                      yea i wanna see pics too.
                      -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                      98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                      98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                      94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

yea it does look soo sweet and i dont have pics right now but i sure will get some it looks like it came with it from factory its pretty kool, hes also got the center console and seats .
                        1967 Camaro "Project"
                        1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

Working...
                        X