My automotive woes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My automotive woes

I've noticed that i can't feel where my clutch releases, i kinda have to estimate and compensate with the gas pedal. My clutch is still in very good condition so i was told that i should get the clutch adjusted. I brought it down to the dealership that i bought it from to see if they'd adjust it for me and apparently, since it's hydraulic it can't be adjusted. The dealers mechanic showed me right in his repair manual that the clutch resets itself. The dealer took it for a ride (i went with him) and came to the conclusion that the clutch still grabs amazingly well but the release point is high. Can you guys feel where your clutch releases? The mechanic also told me that he thinks my car has an aftermarket computer chip in it. He said the car responds real well and he thinks it's chipped. My guess is that they're trying to "butter me up" so i'll put in the good word for them as his business is all word of mouth. He doesn't advertise at all. So far, they've been real honest. They fixed my power window motor even though it wasn't covered under warranty, he wrote right on the bill of sale that if my clutch went in the first year of ownership, he'd replace it for me for the price he'd get everything for. "At cost" is the term i believe. This clutch thing is really getting to me though. Since the clutch's release point seems to vary, i'm afraid of riding the clutch too much and burning it out. My car just hit 70,000 miles on Saturday. So far i've had nothing but good luck with this car. The only other problem i've had is that the drivers side switch for the passenger side power window is broken. I really need some input on this clutch situation though. Is this a problem on all F-bodies or does mine have something wrong?
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

I can't tell you anything about the clutch thing, because I don't quite understanding the problem, but I can tell you that the last time that I bought a power window switch from the Pontiac dealer (last year), it was surprisingly cheap. BTW, I can tell when the clutch releases on my 99 Camaro-

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Alright so you can feel the clutch releasing. Me- i have to ease it out practically the entire time i'm coming off of it. There's no distinct point where i can let off. Thanks. Now i just have to figure out how to fix it. Also- i know the window motor probably wasn't expensive but he saved me the money and the effort of going to a junkyard or ordering a new part, picking it up and istalling it so that was kinda nice of him.
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

The way that you describe it, it does sound like there is a problem with your clutch, because you should be able to feel it-distinctly. It sounds like it is slipping or something. You may have to get a second opinion from another shop. I misunderstood about the power window thing - I thought that it still needed fixing

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Working...
        X