Stock 1/4 ET argument. HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock 1/4 ET argument. HELP

Hey everyone! Me and my buddy are having an argument. Wondering if you guys could help.

A stock 97 Formula From the factory, what are the estimated 1/4 mile times?
    "You can't piss on what you can't catch."

A4 or M6?

Assuming good driver in good conditions, 13.8 to 14.2
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

It's an M6.
      so 13.8
      Thank you.
      I was right incase u were wondering.
      "You can't piss on what you can't catch."

Comment

Originally posted by my350f
        It's an M6.
        so 13.8
        Thank you.
        I was right incase u were wondering.
        13.8 with a good car, good driver, and in good conditions.

M6s are harder to launch than autos... autos often turn in better times.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

More consistent, not nec. better. I'll take an M6 anyday. I think with a lot of suspension mods, you can make a stock z28 a low 13 second car, can't ya? Or is that a myth? I thought Joe did it with just susp mods and a little bit of work to the stock heads.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
            More consistent, not nec. better. I'll take an M6 anyday. I think with a lot of suspension mods, you can make a stock z28 a low 13 second car, can't ya? Or is that a myth? I thought Joe did it with just susp mods and a little bit of work to the stock heads.
            A myth..... sort of. It takes alot of work, but an internally stock LT-1 can go into the 12s. It takes carefully thought out suspension mods, rubber, bolt on speed parts and driving practice. a higher stall converter will do wonders, but I haven't gone that route yet. My best with a stock converter still hasn't netted quicker than a 13.0 For street radials, stock converter and an internally stock LT-1, that's hauling banannas. A converter should bring it down to 12.7 or so, but I didn't want to change the drivability in that manner. 3.73s was about as far of a configuration change I dared to go on a driver. Can it be duplicated? sure.... I got the ideas from seeing them done on other's cars to begin with. There are numerous examples of high 12 low 13 second LT-1s.

Comment

There was an article in GM high tech magazine about this a while back. It was the cover story. They ran a bunch of stock LT1's; the heads and block had to remain unouched. Most of the guys were running mid to high 12's on slicks and skinnies. Some were in the low 13's. Joe, you shoulda got some slicks and been in that feature!
              96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
              11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                There was an article in GM high tech magazine about this a while back. It was the cover story. They ran a bunch of stock LT1's; the heads and block had to remain unouched. Most of the guys were running mid to high 12's on slicks and skinnies. Some were in the low 13's. Joe, you shoulda got some slicks and been in that feature!

Funny thing about that...... Some time ago, I received an e-mail from someone asking alot of questions about my combo. Evidently someone else had passed along some of my info and I got an invite to attend a basically stock LT-1 shootout. I thought the hardcore guys would put me out of their league, mine was a driver so i declined. Still not bad performance, but my butt would have been handed to me as guys are running high stall converters, big and littles, and a few other "secrets". It would have been fun though. Heck of a long drive for a few runs and a photo in a mag.

Comment

Working...
                X