NFB: Chevy Colorado

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Chevy Colorado

Pickin my new 05 colorado sport crew cab in a couple days. Where can i look for an intake, exhaust, and tonnuea (sp?) cover for it?

thanks alot.
    -ken-
    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Originally posted by Ken(Bone Breakin Chevy)
    Pickin my new 05 colorado sport crew cab in a couple days. Where can i look for an intake, exhaust, and tonnuea (sp?) cover for it?

thanks alot.
    -ken-
    Hadn't even picked it up yet and already thinking of mods. Now that's a gearhead.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

you know it
      ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

LM Performance has a section for the Colorado, but nothing specifically for it yet. Couple months and it should fill up. I'll keep an eye out for ya.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Keep us posted! I'm curious as to the build quality and durability. It seems like it fills a void right between the compact and full size trucks.

Comment

yea ill def let you guys know how it is. i def liked it from the test drive. that I5 has some kick to it . it seemed to handle nicely and the interior is nice. lots of room for us bigger guys (im 6'4") i couldnt put the seat all the way back cus i wouldnt be able to reach the pedals. I got the crew cab so its four door with lots of room in the back. the bed is only 5 ft but its not gonna be a work truck for me so im not worried about that, ill put down a rubber liner and use it to cary my ski and snowboard equipment. thats all i got for you right now.
            -ken-
            ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

Are you getting the Inline 5 cylinder Vortech? I hear that is one awsome motor. Economey of a four with the power of a 6.
              1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
              2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

yep thats what i got. and your right the fuel ratings are that of the four cylinder with the power of a 6. not so much the power of my rents I6 in there trailblazer though. that i think has 260??
                ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

I drove the sport version of the Colorado at the GM Autoshow In Motion back in August. I agree, the I5 is pretty gutsy. It won't stand to the F-body, obviously , but its definitely a great daily driver. Chevy/GMC did a good job with the interior design and with the motor.
                  Steve

Comment

Well guys i took it for a drive tonight when i got out of work. now its rainy here in ct but i got a feel for it. It picks up pretty quick. The braking system is great. It seemed to handle pretty nicely for a truck, i took it at 40 on the curvy parts without a problem. (backroads) havent had it on the highway yet. tomorrow morning i will. Heres a couple things from the equipment list:
                    Engine: 3500 I5 Vortec. 220 HP, 225 TQ 17 MPG city and 22 MPG Highway
                    Tran: 4spd auto
                    Auto locking dif
                    3.73 rear
                    HD Trailering Equipment
                    Power Convenience Package
                    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

Sweet. What color did you get? Can we expect pics soon?
                      Steve

Comment

well its dirty already it snowed last night. so when i get it clean there will be pics. its indigo blue. and for an update. the handling is pretty good when considering cornering and stuff but its a little bumpy.
                        -ken-
                        ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X