www.lgmotorsports.com
    www.cmotorsports.com
    www.thunderracing.com
    www.racenet.net
    www.tbyrne.com
    www.ls1speed.com

Comment

Shift kid

I have a 95 Z with a 4L60-E trans. I tried to save 300.00 and install the kit myself. Looked easy enough, just replace some springs, drill a few holes and away we go. I did this work out side in the back yard, on a table. When I had it towed to Chick's Transmission in SLC I had burned it up, they said is some lint or dirt in one of the valves. So, if you install it at home, keep it super clean. The repair bill was 2600.00, with upgraded parts and pieces. I had my kit for 5 yrs. before installing it, the instructions now say Recommeded pro. install. Take your time and keep it clean, from someone who tried and failed.

Comment

Originally posted by badbob
        I have a 95 Z with a 4L60-E trans. I tried to save 300.00 and install the kit myself. Looked easy enough, just replace some springs, drill a few holes and away we go. I did this work out side in the back yard, on a table. When I had it towed to Chick's Transmission in SLC I had burned it up, they said is some lint or dirt in one of the valves. So, if you install it at home, keep it super clean. The repair bill was 2600.00, with upgraded parts and pieces. I had my kit for 5 yrs. before installing it, the instructions now say Recommeded pro. install. Take your time and keep it clean, from someone who tried and failed.

Cleanliness is the key to ANY internal trans work......you need to have a nice clean bench to work on and everything gets degreased and air blown clean before putting it together. A bottle of "Lubeguard" is also almost a must - that stuff works wonders. It doesnt take much to hang a valve in the valve body and lose line pressure.....
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
        X