• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you think you're fast?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6448094/

definately hauling banannas.

San fran to DC in 20 minutes
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Those could put a end to the ICBM threat if they can build them as interceptors. Incidentally, the first SR-71s were operational in 1965 (maybe earlier), as we had a few of them in Beale AFB when I was a kid and my dad was in charge of base security. It had a titanium skin and remained the coolest thing the Air Force had up until just a few years ago. We had them at GFAFB in NoDak too and us kids always knew when one of those SRs flew over cause you could hear the sonic boom. Way cool!

Comment

I always figuered that if you went that fast the air would be moving by the intake so fast it would just skip over. I mean there only going MACH 10! Thats just insane.
        1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
        2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
          Those could put a end to the ICBM threat if they can build them as interceptors. Incidentally, the first SR-71s were operational in 1965 (maybe earlier), as we had a few of them in Beale AFB when I was a kid and my dad was in charge of base security. It had a titanium skin and remained the coolest thing the Air Force had up until just a few years ago. We had them at GFAFB in NoDak too and us kids always knew when one of those SRs flew over cause you could hear the sonic boom. Way cool!
          The SR 71, or “Blackbird” as Lyndon Johnson called it, is the most awesome piece of technology, to me, that the government has ever built and shown to the public. I know that they have got other technology that blows the SR 71 away, but it just amazes me that they were able to design and build that thing during that time period. I saw on the History Channel (I think) a brief history of the SR-71, and they said that it takes almost a whole tank of fuel to get that thing off the ground. This is partly due to the fact that they had to build the fuel tanks somewhat “open” because once it gets going, the heat that builds up causes pressure on the fuel tanks. So, it actually leaks fuel after it is filled and is taking off. After it gets up into the air, they have to refill it in the air, which is after the tanks close from the heat and pressure. Once its up, it can fly over Mach 3.2 at 85,000 feet.
          The SR 71 is an antique, but definitely a cool ride-

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Originally posted by ONLNTM5
            The SR 71, or “Blackbird” as Lyndon Johnson called it, is the most awesome piece of technology, to me, that the government has ever built and shown to the public. I know that they have got other technology that blows the SR 71 away, but it just amazes me that they were able to design and build that thing during that time period. I saw on the History Channel (I think) a brief history of the SR-71, and they said that it takes almost a whole tank of fuel to get that thing off the ground. This is partly due to the fact that they had to build the fuel tanks somewhat “open” because once it gets going, the heat that builds up causes pressure on the fuel tanks. So, it actually leaks fuel after it is filled and is taking off. After it gets up into the air, they have to refill it in the air, which is after the tanks close from the heat and pressure. Once its up, it can fly over Mach 3.2 at 85,000 feet.
            The SR 71 is an antique, but definitely a cool ride-
            What about the YF-22 that will be replaceing the F-18 Hornet in a year or two. Those planes have Trust Vectors and can contol the direction of thrust to help the plane dive, trun and climb. Plus its even more stealth than the F-117 Stealth Fighter. And the Raptor can go mach 2, no sweet.
            There went #2
            1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
            2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Working...
            X