NEW TO F-BODIES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW TO F-BODIES

I am looking to switch from mustang to a camaro or firebirdand 93-newer and was wonering a few things.

was the horsepower the same in 93 as in 96 i think its 275 hp

What year did the intake system switch from the left fender to the center mount ? and if I get one with the fender intake could i switch to the center mount ?

Also is switching to ram air hard , more than just a hood and inake ducks?

Any normal problems to look for ?

any help would be appretiated

Thanks
    Tom

93-95 had 275hp, fender intake, LT1 motor, single cat exhaust
    96-97 had 285hp, fender intake, LT1 motor, dual cat exhaust
    98-02 had 300hp, center intake, LS1 motor

You can switch from a fender intake to the center mount. There is a thread on this if you look down the page.

Ram-Air is just the hood and intake.

All the cars have problems with the window motors, but it is easily replaced and cheap.
    The LT1's have trouble with the Opti-Spark ignition. The 95+ are better because they changed the design a little.

Oh yeah - Welcome to the Board!

Randy
    99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
    93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

do you know if the cpu tuner scaners available for 96-under

did they start obdII on the pre 96 cars

Thanks for the info

Comment

Welcome to the board, and welcome to the darkside!

Comment

A lot of folks seem to use pcmforless.com or others to do mail order tuning, rather than getting a hand tuner. 95 fbodies have the ODB1 computer with an ODB2 style plug under the dash.

Comment

Depending on the year of F-body you have, you can use a tuner or you have to get a chip. For the 93 only, you have to get a chip. However, for 94+ you can have it custom tuned by someone else or yourself with a tuner. PCMForLess.com will custom-build a PCM program specifically for your car for $50 and e-mail it to you for you to upload to your car yourself if you have the cable. I wouldn't exactly call it mail-order. You can pick a cable anywhere from $40-$100, just depends on where you look and how nice you want the cable. 93-95 used OBD-I, but 93 had less "sensitivity" so-to-speak.

Welcome to board and enjoy it. Feel free to post if you have any more questions. Take care.
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
            X