trans mount??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans mount??

I think my trans mount is bad. The problem is this--->My car is making this clunk sound. If im coasting 5 to 10 MPH in the parking lot and tap the gas it goes clunk. It doesn't do it any other time that I can tell. I have the repair manual just haven't had a chance to look at it yet. figured I get others input first. Also where is the mount located? Thanks.....
    96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

The rear trans mount is right in the middle of the crossmember that supports the rear of the trans. Obviously the front of the trans is bolted to the block, the rear is supported by the crossmember and mount. To check the mount, gently jack up the rear of the trans just enough to see if the mount seperates. If it comes off the mount, you know the mount is bad.

Comment

Energy Suspension makes a trick mount that will never break again. It accualy has a simi-solid design, unlike the stock one. Plus most AutoZones carry them in stock.
      1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
      2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Thanks for the info...
        96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
          Energy Suspension makes a trick mount that will never break again. It accualy has a simi-solid design, unlike the stock one. Plus most AutoZones carry them in stock.
          Careful..... polyurethane mounts will transmit more driveline vibrations to the chassis. The factory used a hollow rubber for more isolation. The 1LE solid rubber mount is stiff enough but doesn't transmit as much noise and vibration like the poly mounts.

Comment

Although I like the ES poly mount - mine has supported my T56, a TH400, and now sits under the housing for a Gear Vendor - some people have experienced problems with the fact that it is thicker than the stock mount, and may increase vibration and noise. There is a "1LE" mount available from GM that these people often find works better for them.

Courtesy of "Shoebox":

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

were can i get a 1LE trans mount???? how much???
              i have the ES and it vibrates like crazy when i Get on it
              i went with the ES after braking 3 stock mounts....
              got to love the LT1 torQue............
              eddie
              1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
                were can i get a 1LE trans mount???? how much???
                i have the ES and it vibrates like crazy when i Get on it
                i went with the ES after braking 3 stock mounts....
                got to love the LT1 torQue............
                eddie
                GMPartsDirect has them for about $34 bucks before the shipping hike.
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
                X