NFB Supra TT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB Supra TT

I work at a toyota dealership and we had a supra come in last week it blew the tranny and we replaced it and i had to test drive it today.
    Ok i am not into imports i have driven a 2001 viper and a 2004 Z06 and this supra scared me the most. it had a greddy turbo set up but it would throw u into the seat much like my car does at launch but at 65 miles an hour. U couldn't even floor it in first the tires would just blaze when the turbos hit around 35 mph. i took from 80 - 140 in seconds. the time between shifts felt longer then the actually gear.
    The customer mentioned that his best time was a 11.4 in the quarter.
    Has any body seen what kinda horsepower these setups put out the rest of the shop doesn't believe me how fast it was i was thinking like 425 hp
    ps i hate imports but i love fast cars
    Black 95 z28, 60k miles, 10 spoke SS rims, k&n cai, flowmaster,hypertech 3, 3.42's, running 13.8@ 101 with slicks

That is exactly why I never take my car to get fixed at a garage. If I knew a mechanic took my car to 140 or anybody for that matter I'd be kicking their a$$ and not paying a cent for having the car fixed.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

i have seen them with well over 500 hp. but its not the twin turbo ones that you have to look out for its the single turbo. I have driven one with a single turbo and it was one of the fastest street cars that i have ever driven it has 746 hp to the wheels. you can not touch one of these cars on the highway they are highway kings. I not much into imports but there are a few that i give respect to and would not mind owning. such as the supra, twin turbo rx7, skiline, and the wrx sti.

99 T/A WS-6
      SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
      2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
      88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs95
        I work at a toyota dealership and we had a supra come in last week it blew the tranny and we replaced it and i had to test drive it today.
        Ok i am not into imports i have driven a 2001 viper and a 2004 Z06 and this supra scared me the most. it had a greddy turbo set up but it would throw u into the seat much like my car does at launch but at 65 miles an hour. U couldn't even floor it in first the tires would just blaze when the turbos hit around 35 mph. i took from 80 - 140 in seconds. the time between shifts felt longer then the actually gear.
        The customer mentioned that his best time was a 11.4 in the quarter.
        Has any body seen what kinda horsepower these setups put out the rest of the shop doesn't believe me how fast it was i was thinking like 425 hp

Time to stop hating imports, and start appreciating fast cars in general - no matter where they come from. The Supra, especially the MKIV, has been known as a real monster for several years.

This thing, when modded is probably THE highway monster of all time. The amount of power it can make through a big single turbo on race gas is unbelievable, and it can do it on stock internals thanks to all the forged components it is built with stock.

If you drove a 450 HP Supra, you drove a mild one. 600 HP is pretty common on pump gas. When they run race gas, they crank up the boost....... 32 psi and 900+ rwhp. They are the real deal, and totally sweet cars. 3.0L inline 6 by the way... I would hardly consider it to be rice.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

they are super fast cars..just not off the line lol

but everything has ateased one fault i think the lack of traction and the lack of production numbers are the only faults for the supra

they are very sexy to

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs95
            lol, it's ok, nobody will make fun of you for liking a supra. Don't be so close minded. Imports, IMO, are much better quality than domestics.

I'm with Jay, look at a car for what it is, not where it comes from. There is no real reason to hate Imports. Most people I know that hate them have never owned or driven in one, and they hate them because "buying them takes americans' jobs."

hehe, if I had a dollar for everytime I Heard ridiculous statment.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

i will tell you from a personal experience that i had with a Supra that i would like to forget . If you dont get them out of the hole, dont make yourself look silly by trying to play catch up at higher speeds with one of those things. They pull like F-14s at top end.

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
              Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

I've never raced one...but had two blow by me at night. two black ones side by side at a 70 roll...sounded like rockets! sick stuff...

Got a few supra dynos...super sick sounding...

Although the best dyno vid I have is of a GNX.....soooo... Supras still own the Highways though...no doubt.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

My friend, mostly my neighbor's friend, just sold his to buy a Cobra because the costs of maintaining and moding the Supra were just too high. It was a decent car, he had tranny and trubo problems = new tranny and a single large turbo head unit. It went like a bat out of **** in the top end once the turbo was spooled, but it was totally gutless on the bottom end...the power came all at once, and yes he could smoke the tires off the car at highway speeds. Since about 99% of my driving occurs in the idle to 3,500 RPM range, I would be bored to tears driving that car. Since I don't drive like a maniac on the street, I prefer the good 'ol torque of the V8s. I am not into a car that needs to be redlined for it to be fun, and I am not aware of any street, even out here in the west, where 80mph-140mph bursts won't land you in jail.
                  '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                  '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                  '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                  '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                  '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                  My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                  X