sad to see you go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad to see you go

Im sad to see that I had to put away my SLP Firehawk wheels for the winter. Its been way to cold lately expecialyl with the frost i the morning and the winter nearing for the chrome to stay on. Instead I cleaned the wheels today and would have never beleived how much muck was inside the wheel. Ive got the stock 16" alloys wrapped in some snow tires to TRY to get traction in the snow. lol I can't wait till the spring comes already. I hate it with my firehawks off. They really made my car. Any body else feel this sad when they put theyre wheels away fro the winter. I can only image how bad it must be to put your car away for the winter. I would hate it.
    -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Originally posted by lt14mla
    Im sad to see that I had to put away my SLP Firehawk wheels for the winter. Its been way to cold lately expecialyl with the frost i the morning and the winter nearing for the chrome to stay on. Instead I cleaned the wheels today and would have never beleived how much muck was inside the wheel. Ive got the stock 16" alloys wrapped in some snow tires to TRY to get traction in the snow. lol I can't wait till the spring comes already. I hate it with my firehawks off. They really made my car. Any body else feel this sad when they put theyre wheels away fro the winter. I can only image how bad it must be to put your car away for the winter. I would hate it.
    i feel bad when i wheel the camaro in the garage and park it for the winter. i think i can drive it one or maybe two more times then its up until late april.
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

i feel bad for u guys and ur bad weather =)

Comment

As a former northerner, I have done both..........put my car up for winter or changed the wheels and drove it. Neither situation is much fun. You need to head south like I did several years ago. You can drive your car year round. The only thing I do to my car now for the winter is take out the sun shades from the T-Tops.
        Dave S
        2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

The TA is almost ready to put away till the spring. Thats a long time for me to sit and wait to drive it again. I'll be able to look at it everyday, but it'll be under a cover with snow around it. SS_CarGuy i've been thinkin of moving to the Carolinas. I lived in the south before(Georgia) and liked it. I'm just so sick of the cold/snow up here.
          1987 Monte Carlo SS, Lightning rod equipped. edelbrock intake/carb, heddman headers, moog suspension, dual snorkle air cleaner, no comp/emissions. Body off restoration.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2167110

Comment

Originally posted by johnz138
            The TA is almost ready to put away till the spring. Thats a long time for me to sit and wait to drive it again. I'll be able to look at it everyday, but it'll be under a cover with snow around it. SS_CarGuy i've been thinkin of moving to the Carolinas. I lived in the south before(Georgia) and liked it. I'm just so sick of the cold/snow up here.

I am in Southeast Michigan too... I usually put my car away a little earlier than most, it's been away for a month already. When it starts to get this cold I don't have any traction whether the roads are dry or not, so it isn't as much fun, plus I can save money on insurance.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

ya'll come on down......20's tonight, but 60's and sun all this coming week
              DWS
              Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Working...
              X