Need some help guys.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help guys.

I installed my new opti today get it all done and go to turn her over she starts up sputters and dies. Tried it again and same thing happening. If you start the car and give it gas it'll keep running but the car will not idle and has trouble turning over. Sometimes it won't? Where should I start?
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you got the splined drive shaft correctly lined up on both ends??? I've seen maybe 1 out of 10 Opti installs fail for not having done this correctly. In theory, it can't be done, but in actuallity, it happens all the time.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

No I'm not sure. Can you explain this to me? I just saw that the one end was splined and all I needed to do was get it in and it would be fine. I thought that you could only put it in one way.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Simple... it will fit together without the notch being in the correct position. It shouldn't, but it does, and many people have done it incorrectly. Did you by any chance have to "pull the Opti down" using the bolts, to get it on?

Not saying that's what happened. But 1) if you are sure you reconnected all the items you had to disassemble - Opti harness, coolant temp sensor, IAT, MAF, and any ignition wiring you may have removed, and 2) you are sure the corrosion is off all the ends of the plug wires and coil wires, 3) you have carefully connected the rubber inlet bellows, insuring it isn't folded under the edge of the throttle body, 4) the plug wires are in the correct order in the Opti, etc, the symptoms fit.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X