EZ Pass Tag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ Pass Tag

Curious if any one here has had a problem with the internal EZ Pass tag. I'm going to enroll in the program here. I tried to find pics of the external tag, but no can do. On the website they list 99-02 Camaro's as possibly having a problem with having the tag read, but I didn't know that anything was changed with the windows between 93 and 02.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

I have the internal pass, but never used it on my F-Body. Use them on 2001 Silverado, 98 Grand Cherokee, 2003 Cavalier, 96 Saturn.

The windshields that cause problems are the ones with the metallic coating in them to reduce heat. I believe they are like the ones they put in the GM vans with the real long sloping noses in the late 80/early 90's.... the ones that had the huge 3-piece windshields, and a metallic liner that appeard "bronze". Is it possible they started using that metallic compound for the upper tint band in 99 and later? Ken might know.

The "external" pass is extremely clunky looking. It is wide enough to mount to the front license plate bolts, maybe 8" wide by 1-1/4" high by 1-1/4" thick. They look just fine on an SUV, or school bus, but would make the already fugly front license plate on an F-Body even fuglier.....
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Hmm..I have a Florida tag. No plate up front!

If it appears to be a problem I'll just yank it from the windshield and hold it out the window!?! That should work!

First time living up this north and I'm astounded at the amount of toll roads.....That and I always seen ti get stuck behind the guy that decides to pull out a $50 at the last minute at the toll booth.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Toll Tag

We have tags for the Toll roads here in Dallas, I would guess the technology is the same (probably the same company) . Anyhow, I have a tag on the inside of my '02 Camaro windshield right above the rearview mirror with no trouble. Just my experience.
        NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
        (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

We have internal tags that we dont even have permanantly attached. We pull them out and hold them up against the glass when we get there. So far so good. Only one weird "call EZ-pass" episode and all the other times its worked fine both in the 00 TA and the 00 Mustang GT

Comment

May not have a choice...

WHen you state your make and model, EZ Pass will send you one or the other. I personally wanted an internal tag for my Vibe. I used the one out of my Sunfire for months after I traded it in. But when I requested to have another vehicle added, I was sent an external tag, because of the potential problems with the windshield in other GM cars I guess. Funny, the car's not even made by GM yet I have to use an external.

I know a few people who swap tags from vehicles but they have yet to get caught. If your tag does not scan, they photograph your plate. If you do not register your plate with EZ pass, you will receive a summons. Now, if you have an account with EZ Pass but have not registered the car that you were using the tag with, your suppossed to be able to fight the summons...but who wants the hassle. I have all three of my Pontiacs registered with there own tags. The Montana and the Vibe both have external mounts. The TA has an internal...
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
            X