Slp cold air intake?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slp cold air intake?

I was just looking for parts and seen one of these. I was wondering if anyone around here has one and if so is it worth the money and did it ad any noticable power. Acording to ricers those things add a million horsepower, but then again they get power from stickers and painting thier interior. Christmas is comming up and i need to know what to ask for cause my parents deffinatly owe me for hittin that deer. So just tell me if this is even worth asking for.

It's the best dollar for dollar upgrade for a 93-97 Z28. I went with the Moroso one but if I had to do it again, I would get the SLP one. I had some problems putting the Moroso in. A lot of people have not had any problems but I had to cut about a half inch off the pipe on the Mass Air end to get it to fit under the hood. I am not unhappy with the Moroso one. It works great.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

A cold air intake is one of the best bang-for-the-buck mods you can do for an LT1. Not only will it provide the motor with a more dense air charge, but it will also slightly help to eliminate any knock retard you might be experiencing.

Comment

Take the pipe between the MAS and the filter off and look through it. You see how it closes down to get between the ABS pump and the radiator. I bet it's on order after you look. LOL
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I've got the SLP CAI on my 93 and love it. She's got a little more punch, doesn't feel quite so doggish on hot days and never ceases to amaze people with the 2 pipes . It wasn't the easiest thing getting the filters to stay on when putting it in, but it was worth it.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Yep, I agree with the others; this is a great bolt on and a nice Christmas present to boot. I am in the process of "opening up" the underside of the intake with a screen so the SLP can suck in some additional air. Don't know if it will work, but a free mod that can't hurt. I did notice a little noise from the intake as it sucks in air, but the SLP LM drowns it out at anything other than idle.
            2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
            buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
            Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

I have the slp on mine but Ram Air hood just came today so I will have no
              use for it. It is on A 94 bird I think it will fit on a camaro. Check it out if it will
              work let me know an I work out a good deal for you. It is less than a year
              old in super shape. Or anybody that is looking for one. First guy with the
              green backs gets it. I payed $179.95 new from SLP . Let the E-bay start
              you can reach me at zlee@bellsouth.net or at 770-836-8177 Hope this
              helps Blazer

Comment

Working...
              X