N*F*B*: US soldier accused of murder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N*F*B*: US soldier accused of murder

Yesterday they aired a video supposedly of a US soldier “murdering” an Iraqi insurgent-terrorist, in Fallujah. They cut the video, but left the audio and you still get the jest of what’s going on. The soldier was apparently arrested and is now in custody. Give me a break. How in he** could he have murdered a enemy combatant, terrorist? Who is the idiot that decided it was murder all of a sudden? Why is this guy not commended for what he did, and kept on the ground with his fellow soldiers, to continue with the operations in Fallujah? Is this how we are going to reward these brave men, who are conducting such brave and committed work, sacrificing themselves in the process? What kind of message is this sending to the other men? Are they going to have to second guess themselves now for that split second of decision and possibly allow themselves and other soldiers to be killed in the process. I think that the person that decided that this was murder is the one with the problem, and needs to be investigated. Abu Gharib (spelling), was one thing, but this is ridicules.

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Question... was he shot execution style? Was he helpless and defenseless when he was shot?

I;m asking because I haven't seen the video.........

The whole reason why we are fighting this war on terror is because we value life, and our enemy doesn't. We have to hold ourselves to higher standards. If the man that was shot was captured, defenseless, or a prisoner... what does that say about what we are supposed to be fighting for?
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

YOu know I think its so funny how after Bush narrow wins the presidency he launches this attack on Fellujah. I think that was just so sly. You never heard him say a dang thing about this.
      1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
      2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Shot in cold blood,saw the video last night.

Prisoner lying on the ground,,,,,,
        94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeLord
          Shot in cold blood,saw the video last night.

Prisoner lying on the ground,,,,,,
          Yeah, that's not good.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by ONLNTM5
            Yesterday they aired a video supposedly of a US soldier “murdering” an Iraqi insurgent-terrorist, in Fallujah. They cut the video, but left the audio and you still get the jest of what’s going on. The soldier was apparently arrested and is now in custody. Give me a break. How in he** could he have murdered a enemy combatant, terrorist? Who is the idiot that decided it was murder all of a sudden? Why is this guy not commended for what he did, and kept on the ground with his fellow soldiers, to continue with the operations in Fallujah? Is this how we are going to reward these brave men, who are conducting such brave and committed work, sacrificing themselves in the process? What kind of message is this sending to the other men? Are they going to have to second guess themselves now for that split second of decision and possibly allow themselves and other soldiers to be killed in the process. I think that the person that decided that this was murder is the one with the problem, and needs to be investigated. Abu Gharib (spelling), was one thing, but this is ridicules.
            I am SO GLAD you don't have your finger on the LAUNCH button!!!!

Your reasoning is insane!!!
            94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
              YOu know I think its so funny how after Bush narrow wins the presidency he launches this attack on Fellujah. I think that was just so sly. You never heard him say a dang thing about this.
              You're right. We should have let the insurgent terrorists control that city. That would have been a better alternative.

Unbelievable.

Comment

I might be mistaken but a Marine unfortunately died that very same day after checking on the status of an injured insurgent. The body had been rigged with an explosive of some kind and when the Marine rolled the body over the trap exploded, killing the soldier. With that being said I don't think the Marine who "murdered the enemy combatant" was going to take any chances so he pulled the trigger. Not sure what to make of the entire situation but, in my opinion more information would be helpful before judgement is passed. The amount of stress, both physical & mental our guys are under is beyond anything I can relate to, and they also have to make life & death decisions within seconds or less so murder is somewhat harsh in my opinion. Like I said, more information is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeLord
                  I am SO GLAD you don't have your finger on the LAUNCH button!!!!

Your reasoning is insane!!!
                  What part of my reasoning would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric 97LT4SS
                    I might be mistaken but a Marine unfortunately died that very same day after checking on the status of an injured insurgent. The body had been rigged with an explosive of some kind and when the Marine rolled the body over the trap exploded, killing the soldier. With that being said I don't think the Marine who "murdered the enemy combatant" was going to take any chances so he pulled the trigger. Not sure what to make of the entire situation but, in my opinion more information would be helpful before judgement is passed. The amount of stress, both physical & mental our guys are under is beyond anything I can relate to, and they also have to make life & death decisions within seconds or less so murder is somewhat harsh in my opinion. Like I said, more information is needed.
                    Amen, and yes many soldiers have been killed by insurgents faking death, and exploding grenades when the soldiers are near.

Comment

I'm amazed at how much sympathy this poor defenseless person who got shot in Faluja is getting. Shortly before this "incident" this person was shooting at the US marines and Iraqi soldiers who are trying to stabilize the country. Would your feeling for this person be any different if you knew he had just killed a US soldier. I know it sounds cold blooded but these people want to kill you any way they can. They are booby trapping dead "insurgents" to kill more US soldiers. They are faking being dead then pulling a gun and shooting US marines. This guy is a dirt bag that if the soldier didn't shoot him, we would have healed and let go for him to go kill more IS soldiers. There is only one way to end this and that is to kill them. Period.
                      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

War is hell,,,but these incidents aren't helping SELL the war to the Iraqi people and Arabs in general.

The U.S. soldiers are up aganst the same BS that seams to have taken place in Nam,fighting a non conventional war against an enemy that has no uniform and no ethics as we know them.

That is also what happens when journalists tag along,it is a double edge sword.

About Bush winning the election but not talking about these attacks,that is common sense,you don't tell the enemy your strategy.Even warning the city of Falluja before attacking is not a good idea because it gives time to the head bad guys to leave town,which they seamingly all did!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                          I'm amazed at how much sympathy this poor defenseless person who got shot in Faluja is getting. Shortly before this "incident" this person was shooting at the US marines and Iraqi soldiers who are trying to stabilize the country. Would your feeling for this person be any different if you knew he had just killed a US soldier. I know it sounds cold blooded but these people want to kill you any way they can. They are booby trapping dead "insurgents" to kill more US soldiers. They are faking being dead then pulling a gun and shooting US marines. This guy is a dirt bag that if the soldier didn't shoot him, we would have healed and let go for him to go kill more IS soldiers. There is only one way to end this and that is to kill them. Period.
                          That's what I'm talking about, you can't feel sympathy for these killers-they are the vile of the earth, and will kill you and your family without thinking twice about it.

Comment

The media will forever play up this sort of thing as cold blooded murder. It's like what was said above, these soldiers don't know what to expect when they encounter these insurgents. Better safe than sorry I would say. Now, if they guy was cuffed, searched, and laying there prone, then that definitely could be murder and is inexcusable. But if they had exchanged fire with him and he gave up and layed down on his stomach and they couldn't see his hands, then I can see shooting him. I would rather have that on my contience (sp?) than have a face full of shrapnel. But the media won't tell all of the details. It is kind of like when a local cop from my area of Texas shot a kid who had a knife. The whole thing was caught on the dash-mounted camera and you could plainly see that the cop was warning the kid to drop this long butcher knife, and was backing up (which, by training, cops don't have to do) when the kid lunged at him. The officer fired once, center mass, killing the teenager. Of course the media played it up saying that he should have just used his asp (baton) or shot him in the leg or shot the knife out of his hand. What they didn't tell you was that a knife will go right through a kevlar vest, that a person with a knife can move 10 yards and put a knife in your chest before the average cop could draw their weapon and take aim. And this kid was like 5 feet from this cop. Oh, and a cop is not going to aim anywhere but center mass, this isn't a cowboy movie. The media loves to make the good guys look bad.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric 97LT4SS
                              Well said.

Guys this is not recess in the sandbox at the school playground. This is WAR!. Let me say it again. This is WAR! Every second that passes over there is just one more second that an American soldier's life has been spared. Try for one second to put yourself in their shoes and think about what you would do. Unless you are depressed and suicidal I guarantee you would pull the trigger without any moral dilemma hindering you from doing so.

Comment

Working...
                              X