Someone tell Kevin he's nuts!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone tell Kevin he's nuts!!!!

Kevin wants to buy a 5-series BMW. Now, an M5 or a 545i would be one thing... but he's gonna go from 5.7L V8 to a 2.8L V6!!!!!

At least when I was considering the Volvo, it had a turbo and 300 HP ... Not to mention the fact that German cars' reliability has been in a tailspin over the last five years, and both American and Japanese cars have higher quality than Germans today...

Kevin! You are going to be bored out of your mind! Don't do it!!!!!!!!

Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Did you forget about my TA???

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
      Did you forget about my TA???
      You want an LS1
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        You want an LS1
        Yes, I do. Man this decision is giving me gray hair.

Comment

new or old 5?

I hope you say the older one....cuz the new one is fugly!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
            new or old 5?

I hope you say the older one....cuz the new one is fugly!
            It's a 2000 528i.

Comment

What about at least a M3? Some thing with some UUMMFF
              1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
              2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

It's a 2000 528i.
                Ahhh...that's much better.

I tell you this...I've been in a 545i and those things are nice...built like vaults. Nothing sqweaks or rattles...a real machine.

it's actually a inline-6...and heard great things about the engine. I drove my friends 328i and its quick on it's feet...maybe not fast, but quick enough...

Personally, I wouldn't give up my F-body for a 5 series...but then again, I'm not a family man either...that might change my mind. Naaaa...f-bodies for life!

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Ummmmm, not sure if you guys have driven one, but the 528 isn't all that bad. BMW's motors have decent pickup and are great for cruisin' around in. How much are they asking for it? If I had the money, I would go for it. I'm with ya Kev. lol
                  Steve
                  79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                  87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                  93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                  http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
                    What about at least a M3? Some thing with some UUMMFF
                    My friend's friend has one...convertble...and you gotta drive that thing like you hate it...so hard to drive smooth. I couldn't get the clutch to go in smooth and jerk the h3ll out of that thing...I think Kev wants something more plush...easier on the senses kinda car.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                      I wouldn't give up my F-body for a 5 series...but then again, I'm not a family man either...that might change my mind. Naaaa...f-bodies for life!
                      Kevin... your answer is right there.

"Family man" bwahahaha......

Comment

The aura around "German engineering" makes me want to vomit. It's a status symbol and nothing more... If you've paid attention over the last few years, you'd know the Germans now produce some of the most unreliable cars on the road. "Attention to detal", "passion", "precision"... it's all a bunch of hullabaloo!

If a luxurious, cushy, status symbol type ride is something you want... look to Lexus, Infiniti, or Cadillac.

Comment

Yes, I do. Man this decision is giving me gray hair.
                          thank the Lord you have hair, son............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

It is a friend of mine who is willing to sell it to me at a very very lucrative price. This car is engineering genious to say the least. The car was immaculately maintained as well. It also has many performance upgrades.

I just wanted a nice smooth ride to on long trips or as just a daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                              thank the Lord you have hair, son............

I don't know......my friends are telling me that it is receeding but I refuse to believe it.

Comment

Working...
                              X