X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maf screen

someone told me that if I remove the MAF Screen on my car it wont help
    is this true I always thought it did

There has been a ton of debate about this ...I removed mine and the throttle response seems better allthough it does seem to idle a little harder ...but overall it was good for my car ...one word of caution be sure to run a good air filter that seals to the air box.
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

I took mine out and noticed slightly better throttle response, and it doenst idle rougher or anything. Use a good air filter, keep everything sealed up, and you should be good to go
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

I don't notice too much of a difference between the stock screened MAF and the MBA MAF ends I have. At WOT, the stock MAF ends with the screen is still flowing 253+ (according to Freescan). I believe the MBA ends flow only +1-3% more, but I can take the readings and post them when I get the chance.
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I also experienced a noticeable difference in throttle response after removing my MAF screen.

Here is some interesting data obtained by Northwestern Ohio's SuperFlow SF600 Flow Bench. They flow tested the LT1 TB with and w/o an airfoil, and they also flowed an LT1 MAF with and w/o a screen. The results are here:

http://dtcc.cz28.com/flow/

Comment

Working...
          X