engine ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine ?

hi my names derrick and i have an 88 gta with a stock tpi 350 in it but heres the ? i also have a 4 bolt main 350 truck/van crate motor that i got for a good price and i want to put it in my car but i would like to still keep the hyd roller set up know here is what i was thinking of doing putting the after market cam for the tpi motor in the 4 bolt buying some roller rockers and using my tpi push rods and roller lifters will the lifters set up work in the older block as a swap or is this just strickly a tpi block set up since i drive my car every day i cant just pull the intake off and check my self and id rather not wait till the last min to find out good or bad news im kinda at a hault right now till then any info would be wonderful thank you very much

Originally posted by derrick
    hi my names derrick and i have an 88 gta with a stock tpi 350 in it but heres the ? i also have a 4 bolt main 350 truck/van crate motor that i got for a good price and i want to put it in my car but i would like to still keep the hyd roller set up know here is what i was thinking of doing putting the after market cam for the tpi motor in the 4 bolt buying some roller rockers and using my tpi push rods and roller lifters will the lifters set up work in the older block as a swap or is this just strickly a tpi block set up since i drive my car every day i cant just pull the intake off and check my self and id rather not wait till the last min to find out good or bad news im kinda at a hault right now till then any info would be wonderful thank you very much
    Whewwww..... tough to read without any punctuation, but I think your question is "will an aftermarket cam, lifters, pushrods and roller rockers for your stock 350 F-Body engine work in the 350 crate motor?"

The cam and lifters, should fit fine. Whether the roller rockers work depends on the rocker stud diameter.... but the studs could be changed if necessary. Finally, when you get it all together, you would have to check the pushrod length to make sure the length is correct.

Some other questions:

-Are the rocker setups on both engines "self-aligning" or "non-self aligning"?
    -Will the springs on the crate motor support the aftermarket cam lift, taking into consideration the ratio of the roller rockers?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X