Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking brake problems....Please help!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking brake problems....Please help!!!

Hi Guys!

I am having problems with my parking brake. This morning driving to work I pulled the parking brake all the way up and released it. It worked fine.

Then later on I set the parking brake and I noticed it would only go up about two clicks. Then it got too tight to pull it up any further. It never did really hold the car that well, though, when fully set.

When I fully lifted this thing up, did this self adjust the parking brake or wonder what happened?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Lee!
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

mine does the same thing 2 or 3 clicks and its hard as hell to pull up and dosent do shit.

My Car
    Hooker 3" Catback Exhaust w/ gutted cat
    1LE intake elbow, K&N Filter

Chris

Comment

Tried WD40?
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Back the car up onto ramps. Your problem is right in the middle of the underbody where the two cables meet at the plate that has the single cable coming from the lever. I had this same problem. DO NOT JAM THE BREAK UP! I did and it pulled the cable out and bent the plate under the car all up. I got it working but it woulda been better to not pull up on it
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Thanks raro Z28. Hopefully I have not damaged anything!
          Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Also, check, from the rear of the car... The cable that runs under the car to each wheel... I used to have to reach under with pliars, grab the cable and pull it toward the wheel to get it unjammed. Just something else to check out...
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
            X