Turn Signal Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Signal Problem

I made this post last week, but i'll fill in again real quick.
    Basically my left turn signal works 100% correct, and my right turn signal won't blink. All the front/rear lights light up as they should, but i have to manually blink my right turn signal. A couple of you guys said that it could be a bulb, so i double checked on that one, and there is not one bulb out on my car.
    Any input on what the culprit is and how i fix it would be most appreciated.

Thanx guys
    Chris
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

This could be a long shot but you might want to check to your Flasher. Other than that the only thing to turn signals are wire, Bulbs, bulb housings, the flashers, and the switch. I really don’t think there is much more than that. Flashers are relatively cheap, and it cant hurt to try.

Good luck.

Comment

I had that Problem on my '84 firebird. It turned out to be the relay under the dash. A simple a cheap item to replace. Try picking one up at your local autoparts store and replace it. That SHOULD (should being the key word) fix the problem. If that does not fix it then take it to a shop and have the electrical system troubleshot.

Good luck!!
      86 Firebird, Just a lowly 6 banger, sold
      Plans for an '02 WS6 are in the mix for 2008 (after I'm out of the army)

Comment

Just had the same prob last week. Check the bulb in your rear signal. If it's a double filliment bulb, there are 2 contact points on the bottom & only 1 can make contact. Turn it 180 & try the other contact. Only 1 of the filliments will blink so that 1 has to be making contact.

Comment

Definitely sounds like a relay to me.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Thanks guys for all the input. I was told by a buddy of mine that it was most likely the relay, but he wasn't too sure of himself so i figured i'd get a double check.

Next question though is.....where is my relay, how do i get to it?

Thanks again guys
            chris
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Turn Signal Problem

Mine did the same thing ever since I bought it (used). After much time and hair pulling I gave up the search for the problem. Took it to the dealership only to have them tell me it was bad bulb sockets....the one thing I didnt check...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Do yourself a favor, go buy a replacement socket from your parts house and try that as well, because the dealership is really really proud of theirs.

Comment

I have an electical problem.I recently bought a 92' Camaro and as i was getting it ready for inspection i came accross a problem.The driver side front blinkers blink but there is no juice to the left side at all.I have checked all fuses and bulbs and nothing come of it.I would appreciate any advice on how to fix the problem.

Comment

Hey, I have been having the same problem. When I try to hit the left blinker it just doesn't blink. I have to blink it manually. Also just recently I can't turn the brights on either. If it is just a relay would that effect the brights also?

-Stiks

Comment

i guess this is a common problem, i too have the same problem with the left signal. it works when it wants to.
                    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                      Next question though is.....where is my relay, how do i get to it?

I know on my 3rd gen it was under the dash on the drivers side by the fuse box. But it most likely is different on a 4th gen. Try turning on the one that works or the Hazards and just track it down by listening for the "clicking" coming from under the dash. It will look like a small round, almost cylindrical, thing by the fuse box if its still the same. Should just pull out and then take it to a parts store and they will be able to find the nessecary numbers to replace it.

Hope this helps...

Comment

It actually wound up being my turn signal flasher. I fixed it either the same day or the day after i made my posts...an extremely easy fix. My new flasher cost 4 bucks from Lee's auto parts not to far from me. Attached is a picture on where to find it on a 4th gen. The flasher itself is clipped on the other side of that plastic molding in the picture, and is attached to the red connector.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yeah... Thats pretty much where it was on my car. It happened on both of them (the 84 and 86). The other small but annoying and potentially dangers one is the brake light switch (right behind the brake pedal). That thing went out on me in town in front of a cop!! (ticket and price of switch: $45) Not to mention it was a PITA to switch out on the '84.

Later Dude!!

Comment

yea i have the same prob. some times it will work some times it wont
                            -Nick-
                            95 A4 Z28

Comment

Working...
                            X