Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the scene

Hey all!
    I have recently acquired a 1999 Trans Am and the only thing I know about it is that it has an 8 cylinder motor and its all stock.
    I want to add things like exaust and basic upgrades without too much "flash" if that makes sense.
    What things would be recomended to do? Any opinions wanted.

Good board BTW!
    UJ

woo hoo...another one on the dark side...let me guess your TA is black.

there are tons of stuff that can be done to our cars...I mean tons!

I don't have time to post it all, but I know the rest of the guys and gals can help.

Welcome aboard!

Oh most of us use our signatures to post our mods, car, descriptions among other things...

Hope you like it here!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Thanks for the reply!!! The car is not mine quite yet and I am not 100% sure that it will be. It is in limbo right now due to legal stuff. I am really thinking that it will be mine so I want to start saving up for the goods!
      The car is white, believe it or not and in good shape.
      Is this going to get addictive like tattooing is??

I look foward to reading some history on these threads!!

Comment

additive...heck yeah...one mod and it's over. You'll be neck deep with new mods and ideas...

I hope you get her...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Welcome aboard man. This is definitely a great site for information, technical help and a place to pick on the Wolfman lol j/k . Enjoy your stay and good luck with the car.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Hey, welcome to the best f-body site there is.
            Get prepared for a huge addiction, like LimTeng99TransAm already stated, one mod and its all over. Next thing you know it, you're eatin spagettios and your ride just got washed, zaino'd, and is filled up with premium ...that is unless you have $$$ and you're not poor like me, then you can give yourself the same treatment you give your car!

As for mods, for a better answer, give a little description on what you are looking for. Like your exhaust...do you want something that has a nice rumble, do you want something that is really loud, how much money you are looking to spend, etc... As for a couple other mods, a good thing to start out with is a cold air intake, that is if you don't have a "ram air" style t/a already.

Remember to do things right from the start
            change plugs/wires
            change fluids/filters
            fill her with some premium
            fix problems when you first notice them
            if higher miles, use seafoam to clean carbon deposits

Any problem or ?, just ask, there are more than enough people here to help you with something

Welcome again
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
            X